A New Home

02-11-1981

Dumbledore stood in a small room off of his living quarters holding a small bundle of pink blankets in his arms. He was waving his wand quickly and out came different pieces of furniture/decorations as the room began to change into a nursery fit for the baby girl. The walls changed to a pale pink whilst the floor was covered in a white carpet. A cot lay by the window, a changing table on the opposite end of the room. Toys sprouted out and decorated the room along with photos of her family. Just as the last toy fell into place, a voice called for Dumbledore. Placing Sevina into the cot, Dumbledore stepped through his living quarters into his office.

"Professor McGonagall." Dumbledore greeted the women as he sat at his desk.

"You wanted to speak to me?" Professor McGonagall asked as she sat across from him.

"Yes, you most likely wondered what the pink bundle of blankets was that Hagrid gave to me last night. The day before Halloween, Lily gave birth to another child - Sevina Lily Potter. The child showed immense power so, instead of sending her to live with her aunt and uncle, I've decided she is to live with us at the castle. I will be in place of a father for her but she will need a mother figure in her life. I would like to bestow that responsibility over you, Professor McGonagall," said Dumbledore calmly.

"Of course, Albus. May I meet her?" Professor McGonagall replied. The two stood and Dumbledore led the way through his living quarters to where Sevina lay.

"I've set up her room as you can see, I'm hoping she will enjoy it here."

"She's tiny," McGonagall whispered as she picked up Sevina, untangling her from the mass of blankets.

"Lunch is in a few minutes, we need to introduce her to the students. Tell them that there will be a child growing up in these halls." Dumbledore said as the two Professors began to make their way to the Great Hall as the lunch bell rang through the castle.

The hall was full by the time the pair arrived. Silence ripped through the Great Hall as they saw the Professors enter before confused whispers rang through at the sight of the strict Professor McGonagall holding a very young child. Dumbledore stepped up to his podium as McGonagall sat down with Sevina.

"Students. I can see that you are wondering about the baby in Professor McGonagall's arms. A few days ago, my nephew and his wife died, leaving Sevina here alone. I have decided to take her in and raise her here at the castle as if she was my own. She is a newborn and I would expect, through the years, you are careful around her. If she is hurt or lost, help her. First years specifically as she will be growing up knowing you the most. Thankyou. Please, return to your lunch!" Dumbledore spoke to the students before returning to his seat. Ignoring his lunch, he occupied his time with Sevina - trying to feed her.