Uncle Moony

08-01-1985

"Sevina, honey, it's time to wake up," a soft voice said to the sleeping toddler.

"Too early. Sleep," the toddler mumbled, rolling over.

"Someone's here to see you," McGonagall told the toddler as she sat next to her small, curled up form.

"Who?" The toddler asked curiously, lifting her head slightly.

"I'll tell you when you've gotten dressed," McGonagall state before stepping out of the toddler's bedroom into Dumbledore's office.

Groaning, the toddler hopped out of her bed and walked over to the large cupboard across the room. The toddler's pink and white nightie trailed along behind her as she chose out a dress that had a blue skirt that looked like a mouse wand a top consisting of blue and white stripes. Quickly changing, the toddler walked out of her bedroom to be greeted by her large dog as she barreled into her; knocking her to the ground.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" An old voice asked from the desk in the office.

"Of course Dada! Dada, will you put my hair up please?" The toddler asked as she skipped over to her father.

"What would you like done?" Dumbledore asked as he set the toddler in his lap and grabbed the wand that always sat on his desk.

"Like Mama's hair!" The toddler exclaimed.

"Okay sweetheart," the headmaster obliged as he waved his wand to create a tight bun in her hair.

"Who's visiting today? Mama said someone was!" The toddler asked her father loudly as she grabbed her cuddle blanket from her bed; the blanket being the same height as her.

"You'll have to come down to breakfast and see," the headmaster said ominously.

The two began to walk out of the office before Sevina realised that she wasn't wearing any shoes. She threw her blanket to her father and rushed back to her room to slip on her white trainers. When she came back, she grabbed her blanket protectively and wrapped it around her like a robe as the two continued the trek to the Great Hall.

In the Great Hall, sat the normal students and teachers but, between McGonagall's and Sevina's seat, was an extra person. It was a man, who looked around 30; scratches covering his face. As the door to the Great Hall burst open, the man looked up at the toddler and his face broke into a smile as he waved.

"Uncle Moony!" The toddler yelled as she sprinted between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables, under the teachers table, and straight into the man's waiting arms.

"Hello Sevina, or should I say little burrito?" The man teased her as he wrapped the blanket surrounding her tighter around her body.

"Why are you here?" The toddler asked as she lent her head on his chest.

"I though I'd come see my little marauder. Plus, your papa and I have a surprise for you," the man smiled.

"Remus, nice to see you again," the headmaster said as he sat next to the pair - finally reaching the table.

"It's good to see you as well professor," Remus replied.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A wand?" The toddler asked in a shocked whisper as she looked at the dark wooden sign which held the infamous wand makers name - Ollivanders.

"Yes, due to the amount of power you've shown Sevina, I am getting you a wand today so that you can have lessons with papa," the man explained as he grabbed her hand and began to walk towards the shop.

"Who might you be young one?" Ollivander asked, looking down to the pair from his ladder as they stepped into the shop.

"My name is Sevina Lily Potter Dumbledore!" The toddler exclaimed proudly, hands on her hips as she stood next to the counter top that towered over her form.

"The little Potter. I remember every wand I've ever sold. Your mother, Lily Evans, had a wand that was ten and a quarter inches long, swishy and made of willow. Nice wand for charm work. Your father on the other hand, had a mahogany wand. Eleven inches. Pliable. A little more power and excellen for Transfiguration. Let's see what we can find for you." The man whirled away to the back of the store, picking up boxes as he went. When he came back and placed them on the counter, the pile was higher than his head.

"Which one can I try first?" The toddler asked as she peered over the top of the counter - standing on the tips of her toes.

"This one. Mahogany and Unicorn hair. Eight inches," the man said as Remus lifted the toddler to stand on the counter. Ollivander carefully placed the wand in her hand.

Cautiously, Sevina waved the wand but nothing happened. The wand was whisked away quickly and replaced by a longer one (twelve inches, willow). This wand broke all of the glass in the shop. Once the glass was cleaned up and fixes with a swish of his own wand, Ollivander placed a new one in her hand.

Over the next twenty minutes, this pattern continued. The wand would either do nothing or cause destruction. The tall pile slowly dwindled to nothing as the smile grew on Ollivander's face and a frustrated look grew on Sevina's.

"I have one that I believe will suit someone like you,"the old man said ominously as he whisked away to the back and returned with another wooden box - identical to the rest of the pile. When he opened it, it revealed a dark brown wand.

"What is it?" Remus asked as he lent over to have a look at the beautiful wand.

"Yew wood with an aspen and blackthorn handle. Dragon heartstring. Thirteen and a quarter inches. Pliable. I've had it here a long time, its one of a kind."

"Can it try it?" The toddler asked excitedly.

"Of course Sevina," Ollivander said as he handed the wand carefully to the toddler. With a swish of the wand, flowers filled the room and Sevina began to giggle.

This is your wand Miss Potter. That will be 15 Galleons." The wand maker said with a wide smile.