Meeting Charlie Weasley

01-09-1984

During the sorting and the speech at the castle, the 2 year old - along with Hagrid - were absent. When food was served, the double doors burst open to reveal a dishevelled toddler who was grinning, ear to ear, followed by a black dog who was taller than the child. Giggling, the toddler skidded to the end of the Gryffindor table where she had caught a glimpse of a familiar, flame coloured hair. She jumped onto the seat next to, who she thought was, Bill.

"Bill! Look what Hagrid got me!" The toddler squealed as she looked over at the boy.

"Um, I'm sorry; I'm not Bill," the red head said in a confused tone.

"Sed!" A familiar voice called from a few seats down, "I'm over here!"

"Who are you?" The toddler said confused as she constantly switched her gaze from the unknown redhead, to Bill, and back to the unknown redhead.

"I'm Charlie, who are you?" The redhead - Charlie asked.

"I'm Sevina Dumbledore," the toddler said, "this is Magna, my puppy,"

"Puppy?" Charlie asked shocked, "he's massive!"

"She is only a few weeks old, Hagrid has her brother!" The toddler said, "I'm going to see Bill! Bye!" The toddler jumped up and went over to sit next to Bill.

"I see you've met my brother," Bill stated as Sevina reached forward to grab a sandwich from one of the many trays.

"Brother?" Sevina asked with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah, I have five: Charlie; Percy; Fred; George and Ron. And a sister - Ginny. Ginny's about your age," Bill explained.

"That's a lot! When can I meet them?" She asked as she placed more food onto her plate.

"Well, you've met Charlie. Percy will be coming to Hogwarts in two years. The others, not for a few years unless you visit my house with your dad," Bill suggested as he nicked a chicken from her plate.

"Bill! If Dada said, can I come?" Sevina asked.

"Of course, I'll ask my mum if you can come over during Christmas," Bill said as Magna jumped onto the table to the right of the pair.

"Yeah, I can meet your mama and da -" Sevina began but was interrupted by a large crash from where Magna was. When the pair turned to face the dog, she was surrounded by pieces of chicken and had a bowl covering her head.

"Who's this?" Bill asked as Sevina stood up with a stern expression and removed the bowl.

"This is Magna, she's my puppy," Sevina said, "I'll see you later, Magna needs a bath!" Sevina, followed by the large dog, ran to the front of the hall where Hagrid a as sitting - Sevina holding her plate of food.

"'Ello Sed!" The half giant boomed, "what 'appened to Magna?"

"She wanted chicken," the toddler stated. "Can you help me bath her?"

"Of course, eat ya food and we'll go," Hagrid told the girl.

"Okay!" The toddler agreed as she skipped to her seat inbetween McGonagall and Dumbledore and began to shovel the food into her face.

"Hello," McGonagall and Dumbledore greeted her.

"Hello Mama! Hello Dada! At Christmas, can I go to Bills house? I want to meet his family! He's got five brothers! And a sister the same age as me!" The toddler asked excitedly, using her hands to explain.

"I'll send a letter to Molly, if she's okay with you and I coming over. You must remember, you are much younger than Bill. I will have to come with you," Dumbledore explained to the toddler.

"Thankyou Dada!" The toddler exclaimed as she shoved the last piece of chicken into her mouth. The toddler stood up and gave her adoptive mother and father a kiss on the cheeks. "I'm gonna bath Magna now with Hagrid!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Lemon pops," Hagrid boomed, Sevina and Magna following behind him.

"Dada!" the toddler yelled as the trio travelled up the stairs to her father's office.

"Hello sweetheart. Hello Hagrid." the old man greeted her.

"Did you send the letter to Molly?" the toddler asked excitedly.

"I did, she should reply soon," the old man told the toddler as she skipped over to him and climbed onto his lap.

"Dumbledore, sir. There's a new Hippogriff in the forest. 'E looks a few weeks old. I wanted to let ya know before I brought 'im in. Sevina 'ere has already christened him Buckbeak," Hagrid told Dumbledore, "I best be going."

"Thankyou Hagrid, Goodbye," the wise man said.

"Bye Hagrid! Thankyou for helping me!" The toddler yelled after the half-giant.

"What did you and Hagrid do after dinner? It's very late," Dumbledore stated.

"We bathed Magna and Fang. We found Buckbeak on his own so I named him. And then I got tired so we came up here!" the toddler told her father. "I th-ink it's t-ime for bed," the toddler said inbetween yawns.

"Yes, it is," the headmaster agreed as he picked up the toddler and placed her on his waist; he took her into her nursery followed by the large dog. Her room remained the same princess theme it had been when she had arrived at Hogwarts. The only difference was the cot that had been replaced by a small, white framed, pink covered bed. Setting the toddler on her bed, the wizard picked out a nightdress and helped the sleepy toddler into it before tucking her into her bed. Once the toddler was settled, the large black dog jumped up onto the bottom of the short bed; where Sevina's legs couldn't reach.

"G'night Dada," Sevina said in a tired voice.

"Goodnight sweetheart," Dumbledore whispered as he stepped out of the room and closed the door quietly behind him.