The Forbidden Forest

12-01-1985

"Ruby, where can we find the unicorns?" Sevina asked as she wondered through the forest, closely monitored by Hagrid.

"They should be in the clearing coming up," Hagrid said just before they entered entered a large clearing. Scattered around, the older, white unicorns were resting with a few standing guard. The younger, golden unicorns seemed to be playing a game - poking their snouts into the bushes.

"What are they doing Ruby?" Sevina asked.

"They're looking for something they are, I don't know what," Hagrid told the girl as he stepped into the clearing and approached one of the unicorns standing guard - Sevina following. He reached out to the unicorn and patted him, "I named this one Horn, I raised him I did!"

"Woah, can I stroke him?" Sevina asked excitedly.

"Of course, come 'ere," Hagrid told the girl, guiding her hand to the unicorn's snout. Before she was able to stroke the unicorn, both Hagrid and Sevina were startled by a figure sprinting through the clearing followed by a group of the younger, golden unicorns.

"Woah!" a male voice yelled as he slowed down in front of the unicorn's as he stood in front of the pair.

"Charlie?" Sevina asked, "what are you doing?"

"Charlie, eh? Ya know this is the Forbidden Forest for a reason?" Hagrid asked as he glared at the red headed boy.

"I wanted to see the unicorn's so we played a game. I know it's the forbidden forest but look at how cool the animals are! I've even seen a centaur pack when I was looking!" Charlie breathed excitedly.

"Tha's no reason for ya to be out here, come on. I'll take ya back to the castle," Hagrid said as he motioned for the two children to follow him.

"This place is amazing though. I love the animals! I would love to work with them some day! Maybe with dragons, they're fascinating!" Charlie told Hagrid as the trio made their way back to Hagrid's hut.

"That sounds cool! I want to see a dragon!" Sevina giggled.

"Dragons are some of the best creatures. I would love to have one" Hagrid said dreamily as they reached his hut.

"But it's illegal," Charlie stated.

"I know, I know but I can wish!" Hagrid said as he opened the door to his hut, only for two large black dogs to come running out - one heading for Hagrid, the other for Sevina.

"This is Fang!" Hagrid introduced the unknown dog to Charlie as he sat down.

"And you already know Magna," Sevina said as she sat cross legged on the floor on top of a Hogwarts blanket with the two dogs.

"They're gorgeous creatures," Charlie said as he sat down next to Sevina to stroke Fang, the larger of the two dogs.

"Ya think these two are gorgeous, ya should meet Buckbeak! He's a baby hippogriff. Only a few months old!" Hagrid boomed.

"Oh yes! He's so pretty!" Sevina said excitedly as she stood up, "Ruby can we go see him?"

"Of course, follow me Charlie," Hagrid said as Sevina had already left the house to go to the large paddock on the edge of the forest.

As they drew nearer, Charlie saw Sevina as she climbed over the fence to greet a small animal that looked like a cross between a horse and an eagle. Bowing in front of the creature, Seven seemed to wait for a moment before the hippogriff bowed back. Stepping closer, Sevina began to stroke Buckbeak as Charlie and Hagrid reached the paddock.

"He's magnificent!" Charlie gasped.

"'E is ain't he? Would ya like to stroke him?" Hagrid asked Charlie who bidder vigorously. "Then climb on over. Bow and wait for 'im to bow back. If 'e don't, back away."

Excited, Charlie climbed over the fence and stood a few feet away from Sevina and the hippogriff before the hippogriff looked over to him. Slowly, Charlie bowed and just stood there patiently. After about thirty second, Buckbeak bowed back to Charlie. Slowly, Charlie approached the magnificent creature and placed his hand next to Sevina's on his beak, stroking the creature (who was about three quarters of Charlie height).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Bill!" Charlie called as he sprinted through the Great Hall, closely followed by a toddler and two large black dogs.

"Yes?" Bill called out to his brother.

"You wouldn't believe what I did today!" Charlie began as he sat down next to his brother as the toddler and dogs continued to the teachers table.

"And what was that?" Bill said, looking curiously at his younger brother.

"Well, I snuck into the Forbidden Forest this morning and -"

"You what?" Bill screeched.

"Snuck into the forbidden forest, listen! I saw a centaur pack! I even played with the unicorns. But then Sevina and Hagrid caught me and made me go back to his Hut! I met Fang and they showed me Buckbeak! Buckbeak is a baby hippogriff, a cross between a horse and eagle, and Hagrid let me stroke him! It was awesome!" Charlie told Bill at full speed.

"I bet it was but mum is going to kill you!" Bill exclaimed.

"Not if she doesn't find out, understood?" Charlie said, glaring at his older brother.

"But where's the fun in that?" Bill smirked.

"Oh there's plenty of fun. Like me not telling mum that it was you who gave the twins the acid lollipop that made Ron have a hole in his tongue," Charlie said, smirking at his brother.

"Okay then, deal. I'll keep it quiet," Bill said unhappily.

"I'll see you later, I'm going to tell Tonks about what I did today!" Charlie exclaimed before disappearing in search for the Hufflepuff.