Quidditch Tryouts

29-09-1985

"Seekers, stand to the left! Beaters, to the right! Chasers, centre! Anyone here for Keeper can leave, the position is filled!" A fifth year Gryffindor Quidditch Captain called out as he stepped onto the pitch. All those there for tryouts, ranging from second to seventh years, scurried to their placed.

"Now, we already have a Chaser, a Keeper and a Beater. We are looking for two chasers, one beater and a seeker," Bill called out from his position next to the Quidditch Captain and a shorter, third year girl.

"Most of our team graduated last year, as you can tell. Chasers will be trying out with Robert, our Captain and keeper. Beaters will be working with me, Katelyn. Seekers will be working with Bill, our chaser," the girl, Katelyn, called.

"You're a beater? You're tiny!" A voice called from the beater group.

"Size has nothing to do with skill! If you think you can say things like that to the best beater I've seen since I got here, leave now!" Bill called out which silenced the giggling in the crowd.

"Seekers, follow me!" Bill called as the other two called for the groups they were working with. Bill led the small group of seekers, one of them being Charlie, to a corner of the pitch and took a golden ball (the snitch) out of his pocket. "I assume you know what this is. We'll go by age. You, seventh year; get into the air. I'll time you!" Bill exclaimed as he released the ball and waved his wand, causing a clock to appear infront of him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"It was awesome girls! I caught it in the quickest time! I hope I got the position!" Charlie said as the trio, consisting of Charlie, Sevina and Tonks sat in an empty windowsill in the entrance hall.

"That would be awesome! Two Weasley's on the team!" Tonks said as her hair flickered yellow before returning to the blue that she had been wearing recently.

"Yeah! Percy can join when he gets here and then there'll be three!" Sevina exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"Perfect Perry! No way!" Bills deep voice rang out through the entrance hall as he approached them.

"It would be funny though William!" Charlie mocked Bill.

"Oh, ha ha. I thought you ought to know that the results of the tryouts are up in the Gryffindor Common Room," Bill told Charlie, the trio watching as Charlie disappeared up the stairs to the Fat Lady a few floors above.

"Did he get in?" Tonks asked curiously.

"Of course he did, he's my baby brother after all!" Bill said as he took Charlie's place on the windowsill.

"You could have told him, he's going to have to come all the way back for dinner in a few minutes.

"But that's what big brothers are for Nymphadora. Causing mayhem!" Bill exclaimed, his smile fading once he saw Tonks' hair burst into a bright red.

"Don't call me Nymphadora!" Tonks screeched.

"See you later Sevina!" Bill yelled as he disappeared down the corridor, Tonks in close pursuit.

"Silly Bill!" Sevina giggled before standing up and making her way to the Great Hall to see her mama and daddy.

"Hello sweetheart, how are you?" Dumbledore asked Sevina as she sat down next to him on the otherwise empty table.

"I'm good! Charlie's gone to the Gryffindor Common Room to see if he made seeker - he did though, Bill told me. Bill is being chased though because he called Dora her full name!" Sevina exclaimed.

"Well that's rather eventful!" Dumbledore said as he smiled at the toddlers little speech.

"I got it! I'm a seeker!" A loud voice rang through the entrance hall and Great Hall along with heavy footsteps. The red headed Gryffindor burst into the Hall, spotted Sevina and ran to her.

"I know! Bill told me!" Sevina laughed.

"That git! Where are Bill and Tonks by the way?" Charlie asked, looking and round.

"Bill called her Nymphadora and now he's being chased by her!" Sevina told him with a laugh, causing him to laugh at his brother disfortune.

"Well then! I'm starving! Let's eat!" Charlie exclaimed before turning to sit next to a small group of Gryffindors who were seated at the table.

"Your friends are quite unusual," McGonagall said as she sat down next to Sevina.

"But they're awesome too!" Sevina said as she began to pile her plate with meat, veg and gravy.

"Of course!" McGonagall said.

"What did you to today mama?" Sevina asked, looking up to the elder witch.

"Not much Sed, I marked some homework and then did a clean of my office and living quarters," McGonagall replied as she too began to fill up her plate.

"What about you daddy?"

"After your lesson, I just replied to some letters," Dumbledore told the child.

"William Weasley!  Apologise now!" Tonks voice rang through the hall as the long haired Weasley ran into the hall only to be tackled to the floor by the red headed girl and put into into a headlock.

"I'm sorry!" Bill yelled in defeat.

"There you go!" Tonks said as she stood up, looking around to the staring faces. "What are you looking at?" She yelled causing everyone to divert their eyes.