Meeting Bill Weasley

01-09-1983

It had been nearly two years after the death of Lily and James; Sevina had grown up significantly. At their death she was a newborn baby, now she was nearly two years old and full of mischief. Although the toddler could not speak very much, she loved to run around the castle.

It was evening at the castle, the Hogwarts Express had arrived a little earlier which meant the Great Hall was filling up with students, second year and above. The first years were half way across the lake with the half-giant Hagrid. One student stood out on these boats, a student with vibrant, red hair. Bill Weasley. Although there was another ginger in the group, his hair looked like a flame and stood out in the dark night.

At the castle, the students were settling whilst the teachers were waiting patiently at their table for the headmaster to arrive. When he did, he was holding the toddler who was fussing for her 'mum'.

"Mama! Mama!" The toddler screeched, wiggling around in Dumbledore's arms as she saw McGonagall step up to greet the first years. At the sound of Sevina, she turned around and knelt down as Dumbledore placed Sevina on the floor. Falling multiple times, Sevina ran as fast as she could to her 'mum' on her short legs.

"Lets go meet some first years Sev," Professor McGonagall said to her as she lifted her up and began to make her way to the entrance hall.

When the pair had reached the entrance hall, the first years instantly turned to face her and remained silent. Many of them with a face of confusion at the toddler in the Professors arms.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," the Professor began. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend time in your house common room.

"The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily. For now, does anyone have any questions?" McGonagall said.

Throughout the entire speech, the small toddler was fidgeting and trying to get out of her 'mum's' arms.

A small, mousy haired girl shakily raised her hand, "how will we be sorted into the houses?"

"You will be sorted by an enchanted hat that will be able to deduce your abilities and traits and sort you into the house that would benefit you the most." McGonagall replied.

"Who's the baby?" A loud voice asked from the crowd of first years.

"This is Sevina, she is mine and Albus Dumbledore's adopted daughter. Albus and I are not together but his nephew died and his daughter needed a family," McGonagall explained. "Any more questions?" A small murmur of 'no' swept through the crowd. "Very well, follow me."

The large group followed the witches into the hall and were instructed to line up in front of a stool which held an old, brown, wizard's hat. The crowd of first years jumped as the hat burst into song before showing more and more signs of being nervous as the names were beginning to be called.

The mousy haired girl was placed into Hufflepuff.

The loud boy was placed into Gryffindor.

"Weasley, William." At the sound of his name, the flame haired boy stepped up to the stool. Before the hat was placed on his head, he saw a giggling toddler's hair began to transform into the same red as his. This caused him to laugh as the sorting hat was placed onto his head.

"Gryffindor!" The hat yelled just as it covered Bill's eyes.

Once the sorting was finished, Dumbledore stepped up to his podium.

"Welcome!" he began. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin -"

"Papa! Papa!" A voice called from behind him as a toddler jumped off of her chair next to McGonagall and clenched onto his robes.

"Well, that's the end of my speech. Any words Sevina?" Dumbledore giggled as he picked up the toddler.

"I want food!" The toddler gurgled at her 'dad'.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the end of the feast, the toddler showed no signs of exhaustion. She occupied herself throughout the school song by sprinting around the Great Hall - saying hi to those who she had met in the previous year. As she was running past the Gryffindor table, the toddler tripped over her own feet and fell, beginning to cry. Over the noise of the school song, only one person noticed. The red head got up from the Gryffindor table and stepped over to the toddler and helped her up.

"Are you okay?" Bill asked as he picked the toddler up and began to slowly rock her on his waist.

"Who you?" The toddler asked curiously as she poked his hair.

"I'm Bill, who are you?" Bill asked.

"Sed!" The toddler giggled, "fire!"

"It's my hair!" Bill laughed.

After another few minutes of the song, the toddler had fallen asleep on Bills shoulder. As the rest of the school left the Great Hall, Bill headed over to the headmaster.

"Professor? I think she belongs to you," the red-head said nervously.

"Ah, I wondered where she had run off to. You are very good with her," the headmaster said as he took the toddler into his arms.

"I have 6 siblings: 5 younger brothers and a baby sister, I'm used to looking after kids," Bill said.

"I'll escort you back to your common room as your house seems to have abandoned you," the headmaster smiled as the trio headed out of the Great Hall.