III. I Get Claimed By My Dad

I take a nap for about an hour and I'm awake again. I spend ten minutes trying to go back to sleep and fail miserably, so I just went for a walk. 

     I just keep walking for a few minutes and stop at the arena. I walk down the steps to find Beth practicing on a dummy. On the ground lay tons more dummy pieces which I'm guessing she's cut up. She rolls to side and in a swift movement, she had stood up and and and cut the dummy's head off.

     I flinched. "I hope that's not me you're cutting up there!" I yell at her.

     She looked in my direction and spotted me.

     I waved my hand and smiled, "Hello."

     "Why not come down and and fight me." she said.

     "Sure." I said as I walk down the stairs.

     When I reach the the arena, she had two swords and one in each hand. She handed me one and got in her stance.

     "Ready of not, he I come." she said as she charges at me.

     She swings her swords and I quickly parry. I jolt backwards and step forward while thrusting. She saw it coming and parried it too. We kept on going back and forth. I must admit I was enjoying it, and I could tell that she was too.

     After a few minutes of parrying and dodging, I finally saw an opening. I studied her and learned that whenever she dodged or parried, she would leave herself wide open for a little while and then switch back to defense. So I used it as an advantage(Don't judge me).

     I brought my sword down half way, and as I expected, she quickly brought her sword up to block it. I took that chance and and thrust forward, stopping near her throat. She was caught by surprise and knew that she had lost. She dropped her sword and put her hands up, surrendering.

     "Good match." I said.

     She smiled. This was the first time I'd seen her smile. She looked, well . . . . . beautiful. I froze, caught by surprise. Big mistake. In a swift movement, she had kneed me in the stomach. I dropped my sword and clutched my stomach. "Ahh!"

     "You're never supposed to ever let your guard down, you stup- Ahh!!"

     I had punched her in the stomach. I kinda felt sorry, but she really pissed me off. That was a dirty trick she just pulled. "You shouldn't let your guard down either, miss stupid." I said.

     I walked away before she had a chance to do anything. When I was out of the arena, I ran back to the cabin I had napped in a few minutes ago.

      I plopped down on the blanket and closed my eyes.

     What's with this feeling? I thought as I looked at my hands.

     Whenever I get in a fight, I feel like a completely different person. My reflexes are faster and my body responds perfectly as if I'd been doing it my whole life. It might be because of my ADHD, but I had a feeling it wasn't that at all. 

     I blocked  the thoughts out of my mind and just lied there.

     After a few minutes, I get up and walk to the arena again. When I reached it, I made sure there was no one inside. Clear. I walk down the steps of the arena and find the sword that I had dropped still laying there. I guess she left it there. I also realized that there was fresh dummies all around the arena. I picked up the sword and walked up to one. The straw dummy seemed to be giving me a hateful look. I swung my sword and cut it head off. I felt a strange feeling of sadness and pity as I cut its head off. I looked at the next one, which stood a few feet away from the the one I was at, and charged at it. When I came about three feet to it, I swiftly spun around, coming up behind it and thrust . Then It quickly pulled my sword back and cut its head off. Once again, a feeling of sadness came up again.