V. Challenge From Drew

"Why won't you jump?" the voice boomed, "Many will be after your life tomorrow."

     I remained quiet.

     "Don't you want to avenge your mother, Jake?" it asked.

     That hit me like a pile of bricks.

     "Who are you anyway?" I asked in suspicion

     "Have you not guessed yet?" it said, "I am called by many names, but the one I'm called the most is Zeus."

     My eyes widened. "Z-Zeus?" I fumbled my words, "D-Dad?"

     "Hahaha." Zeus laughed. His laugh echoed through my dream as Chiron's had during dinner.

     "Child, tomorrow during Capture The Flag, as I've said, many will be after your life." Zeus said, "If you want the strength to survive and avenge your mother? Then jump."

     I finally gave in. I ran to the edge of the cliff and jumped.

     I dropped like a stone. The spikes at the bottom grew closer and closer. 

     "I don't want to die!" I screamed with my eyes closed.

     Suddenly, I halted in mid-air. I opened my eyes to find myself floating in mid-air. I tried to get up and my body began turn until I standing on both my feet. Well floating, actually. I willed myself to go forward and I did. Then I willed myself to go back, right, and left and my body did.

     "Considering that you are my son, you should have some cool powers, right?" I heard Zeus's voice boom from the sky. "You have the ability to control the air currents, which allows you fly.. You also have control over lightning, like me. You are not granted my other powers because you'd become too powerful."

     I flew back to the top of the cliff and said, "Thank you."

     "No problem.  You are destined to do great things, my son. Good luck." Zeus said.

     Immediately, vision turned black and once again awoke.

     I opened my eyes to find myself floating above my bed.

     "Thanks Zeus." I said under my breath.

     I flew around my room for a while until I got the hang of it. Finally, I landed on the floor and made my bed. Then I found a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt that looked like the one Beth had been wearing. I off my old one and put on the new one and then walked out the door. There I found myself face-to-face with Beth.

     "Please?" she said.

     "Please what?" 

     "Can you be my cabin's ally in Capture The Flag today?" she asked.

     "Why?" 

     "Some of our allies teamed up with the Ares group. Now all that's left is the Hermes, Apollo, Hephaestus, Dionysus, and Hecate cabins on our side! We're outnumbered!" she yelled.

     "Oh my gosh, are my ears working right? The smartest, fastest, strongest, and most beautiful at camp asking for my help?" I joked.

     She blushed.

     I examined her face. "You look cute when you smile." I joked again.

     She blushed even harder. "Shut up!" she yelled.

     "OK, OK. Just kidding." I said.

     "Anyway, can you help us?" she asked.

     "Sure." I said.