5. Don Collins

**Don Collins Pov**

Today was a regular day besides the fact that it was the first day of the 2015-2016 school year. Today was going to consist of School, Kelli flirting with Will, parents yelling and on and on. You see Kelli Bennett has been my best friend and crush since we were in the 8th grade. We had met when Antone Cobb had ditched her at the Arcade and I had helped her get back home. Ever since then I had thought she might have liked me until last year Will Solace came to our school Durham High. Blonde smart pretty boy who every girl had to like.

"Donavan hurry up your taking so long!!" screeched my little sister Krysten.

I ran down the steps into the living room to see my impatient 14 year old sister. Today was her first day in High school and she was more then excited to be attending Durham High.

"Okay, Okay come on" I replied as I opened the door leading into the front yard. I walked around the corner to where my car was parked and unlocked the black SUV.

After finally arriving at our school me and Krysten made our way into the school to grab our new schedules.

I heard a long yell from behind me. I turned around and there she stood. Kelli Bennett. I ran over to her as quickly as I could and hugged her until someone had to interrupt us.

"Hey Don! Hey Kelli!" said Will.

"Oh Hey!! Will how was your summer!" Kelli flirted. During their conversation I zoned out until something caught my eye. A blacked haired boy with an olive completion walked up behind Will and simply stated
"Hello Solace." The way the boy dressed in fully black stated "Hello Solace" was very.. well scary. The thing that suprised me the most was when Will stopped his conversation with Kelli and turned around to face the black headed boy. His face light up even more if that was even possible and he attacked the boy with a gigantic hug after yelling out "DEATHBOY!!!"

"Wait who is this Will?" questioned Kelli as she walked up to Will and gently pushed "deathboy" of from him. To be honest with you I was quite jealous that Kelli seemed to be jealous. If that even made sense.

"This Kelli, is my boyfriend Ni-" the boy "Ni-" or "deathboy" whispered something in the blonde boys ears. Wills eyes widened a bit before he continued his sentence with
"Nico, his name is Nico and I have to go now!" Will grabbed Nico's hand as they both ran off through the front gates of the doors. After pondering a bit over were they could have gone that was so important to just ditch school on the first day. After realising that, that was Wills boyfriend I turned around to look at Kelli who was crying a bit. This always seemed to happen to her. She would like a boy, and then she would be heartbroken. This was the last time I would let Kelli be heartbroken.

I knew this word be too soon for her but I couldn't help it. I crashed my lips onto her hers hoping she wouldn't pull back. To my surprise she didn't and she kissed me back. After a few minutes of just standing their with Kelli, I pulled back and said to her

"I'll never let anyone else break your heart."