12 \ L E M O N

12 [l e m o n]

°°°

"Hey."

"Wow."

"What?"

"You were actually genuine this time, and not completely disappointed to hear from me. That's quite the upgrade."

"Well, I was getting tired of doing that stupid greeting every time. It's easier since it's just you that calls me at this hour."

"Speaking of which . . . I have a special order."

"Huh?"

"I want a two-scoop double fudge ice cream in a waffle cone. Oh! Also, can I have some hot fudge with chocolate chips on it please?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure thing. Chocoholic, much?"

"Chocolate is life. If you don't like chocolate, we can't be friends."

"I like chocolate, I guess."

"Good. Great. Amazing."

"Vanilla's better, though."

"What! You actually--"

"Do you want sprinkles on it?"

"That depends. What do sprinkles taste like?"

". . . What now?"

"I said, what do—"

"I know what you said, you ding dong. Do you mean to say that you've never tried sprinkles?"

"Just never thought of it, I guess. They looked weird, so I was kind of afraid to try them. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, my God."

"What? Are you okay?"

"Sprinkles are awesome on ice cream! How come you've never tried it?"

"That may be controversial. I already told you why."

"Still. You need to try sprinkles. They are amazing."

"If you say so. . ."

"Why are you laughing so much? You sound like someone put a cat in a blender and pressed the high speed button."

"It's just. . . your name is Sprinkles!"

"So?"

"It sounds really dirty when you say, "You need to try sprinkles, they are uh-may-zing." Hehe."

"I swear you're a 3-year-old stuck in a man's body. Well, I have to go make your order. Jess will bring it to you."

"Why can't you?"

"I. . . don't want to see me. At least, not yet."

"Why not?"

"You might not like what you see."

"I highly doubt that, babe."

"Whatever, your ice cream will be out shortly."

°°°