26 \ J I M M I E S

26 [j i m m i e s]

the final chapter.

°°°

The first thing Charlotte had said was,

"No, you don't."

She pushed Asher away from her, who seemed extremely  puzzled at her reaction. His green eyes widened and he stared at her in shock, unable to muster words.

"You don't love me. We've only met twice, Asher! We've talked on the phone a lot, but you can't say you love—"

"I love you, Charlotte. So what if we've only met twice in person? I know for sure that I'm in love with you." He came close to her, speaking softly.

"How do you know you love me?" She whispered, resting her forehead against his. She didn't believe that he loved her. He couldn't possibly love a girl like herself, she thought. Short-tempered, short in height, most of the time having some kind of attitude.

"Because when I do this," He held her hand and kissed it tenderly. "I feel those stupid butterflies in my stomach. When you do this," he put her hand up to his cheek. "I get this feeling that I don't want to ever let you go. And when I do this," he held her hand, intertwining their fingers, "It feels like your hand fits perfectly into mine and I never want that feeling to end.

"When I hear your voice, I want to hear it over and over again, and you always seem to make me smile even if you're not there with me. To me, you're beautiful in every way there is possible."

Charlotte was rendered speechless.

"We have our fights, and I might get angry or jealous at simple things or we may not see eye to eye all the time. But I know that what I'm feeling is love. I don't ever want to let you go, and it scares me when you do because you're the best thing that's happened to me. Whenever I don't talk to you or I don't see you, it's like there's this part of me missing, and I get so damn scared when you hang up that phone because I wonder if I will ever be able to fix that part that's missing if you're gone."

She didn't even notice that she had shed a tear. His speech sounded so truthful and powwrful that she was driven speechless. She couldn't hide it anymore, now.

She loved him back, with all of her heart.

Asher leaned in, kissing the tear on her cheek. Charlotte fluttered her eyes closed, and gently grazed her lips onto his. "I think I love you, too." She whispered quietly against his lips, her hot breath fanning his.

He tucked a stray blonde strand of hair in her ear. "I love you so fucking much, Charlotte, sometimes it kills me."

Asher's eyes filled with desire and want. A smile spread across her lips and she pecked the corner of his lips swiftly. Her hands played at his black hair at the base of his neck.

She couldn't stop smiling when she murmured against his skin, "I knew I loved you. I don't think I love you, I know it. It scares me so much sometimes to think about how much I do. It scares me to think what will happen if we have to go separate ways . . . "

"You won't have to, because I'm not going anywhere." He roughly pressed his lips against hers, and they molded their lips once again. They fiercely kissed and it wasn't like any other kiss they had shared before. This was full of passion and desire, and their undying love for one another sparked in the pits of their stomachs and in the tingling of their lips.

They were brought together by the most unusual circumstances. Who would ever thought one wrong phone call would bring two people together in the most beautiful way possible?

After all, the most unexpected conversation can bring the most unexpected journey.

• T H E  E N D •