23 \ M E L T E D #1

23 [m e l t e d]

part one of two.

°°°

Asher took another swig of an almost-empty beer bottle, gulping it's content. This was his twelfth bottle, to be exact.

He decided to purposely get himself drunk and go off to weekend parties in order to steer clear his head of Charlotte. He couldn't stop thinking about how guilty he felt and how he messed everything up. He was too drunk to fix anything, and too intoxicated to give a damn about anything.

He didn't know what he was doing when he called Jimmy's, but he had only one thing on his mind:

He loved her.

He decided is was the time to tell her, right in the middle of his drunken state, but it ended up in quite a different situation.

She didn't pick up the phone.

He should've known she didn't want to talk to him after what he did. He felt awful, mentally and physically. Not having Charlotte in his life had taken a toll on him. The happiness seemed to drain from his voice, and he rarely laughed at things he used to find funny. He didn't really leave his room, wallowing in self pity.

He regretted what he did and he wish he didn't. He knew he pushed her away so she could find someone else who was worthy of her love and affection.

Nonetheless, he realized that however good his intentions may have been, he was still a total jackass.

Asher slammed down the twelfth bottle, nearly breaking the glass, and stood up from the wooden bar chair. He couldn't bear it anymore.

Wasn't she supposed to be gone out of his life forever? Wasn't she already gone?

Not yet, Asher affirmed to himself after much consideration. There is still time.

He suddenly stumbled out of the bar and headed towards Jimmy's Ice Cream Parlour.
H

e wasn't going to lose her now, no matter the circumstance.

°°°