Ch-9 The Queen's Power

Elizabeta had become fast friends with the innocent Lilli. The older Queen had almost told the girl on multiple occasions that she should warn her King about Clubs and Ivan, however she decided against it. Elizabeta was looking at herself in the mirror of the room she was sharing with Ivan while at the Castle of Diamonds. She sighed and looked disgusted at herself. Why was she starting to get on board with Ivan's idea? It was such a bad thing she was doing but she couldn't help herself now. She knew it had nothing to do with magic because only Spadians can control magic and Ivan wouldn't let a mage cast any spell on her with the knowledge he was getting ready to invade Hearts and try to take over the rest of Suits. Elizabeta slipped her nightdress on and walked into the bedroom to see Ivan holding the once white scarf he held so dearly to him.

"What is the story of the scarf?" Elizabeta asks as she takes a seat on the bed.

"When I was outside with my mother and father I was really cold. Both women had worn correct clothing for the trip outside but I had been in a hurry. My mother gave me this scarf. It was sewn by a Spadian omega who made sure to enchant it for her. I've had this scarf for a majority of my life and I can always wear it because it grows with me and never tears." Ivan says running a finger over the soft, warm material.

"That was sweet of your mother." Elizabeta says and Ivan nods.

"My mother told me there was a curse on this scarf. She died not knowing it and I still have yet to figure it out." Ivan rests the scarf on the end of the bed before sliding under the covers.

"Maybe it has something to do with carriages?" Elizabeta says. Ivan goes quiet as he thinks over different ways carriages could be linked to the curse.

"That might be it actually... I have yet to wear the scarf in a carriage and my mother never wore the scarf in a carriage until... she died wearing the scarf in the carriage." It was like Ivan's world had come crashing down. He had told his mother to wear the scarf on the way to Hearts as a good luck charm, so that she would be reminded of him all the time. He couldn't make it and his mother had been sad because of that. Ivan was the one who killed his mother... not the carriage driver, not the bumpy road and not by bad luck. The curse was that if either King or Queen wearing the scarf hopped in a carriage, they would both die, even if it was only one of them wearing the scarf. He felt a warm body press itself to Ivan's side. Ivan reacted on instincts very quickly and pulled to hold his omega closer.

"Do not worry yourself over such a thing Ivan. You are King now and you must live in the present to make sure the Kingdom thrives." Elizabeta says as she runs a soft hand through the large alpha's hair. Ivan nodded as he relaxed against the omega.

"Please lead me through the dark and into the light." Ivan mumbles quietly. Elizabeta nods and presses a quick kiss to the top of Ivan's head.

"Don't worry I will help you through your struggles." Elizabeta smiles slightly as she realizes that she has been given back her power. She was an omega and in Clubs it was the omegas that ruled not the alphas or betas. She didn't like being repressed the way she had been but now she had that freedom again. The real question was: Did she want change everything?

Ivan fell asleep that night very quickly and instead of thinking over ideas to stop what Ivan had done, she felt the power of her Kingdom grow slightly. That was when she realized something. This feeling of power was the fact that her people were uniting under the Royals to help in every way possible. Everyone no matter what class, status or age was preparing to help. Some were making clothes while others trained hard to boost their swordsmanship. Even the young children had mock sword fights. It was morning in Clubs while night in Diamonds. Ivan must have told everyone about the plan and now everyone was on board. The Queen could sense those who were not but even they were helping in little ways. Elizabeta felt a large grin spread across her face, but it was soon gone as she fell asleep.