7: The One Where You Find Out

I fooled around with a seventeen-year-old.

   "You fooled around with a seventeen-year-old?" Allen repeated and Arin toppled back on the queen-sized bed, laughing.

   "You know what that makes you right?" She managed to say, clutching her stomach.

   I put my hands on my hips, "What?"

   "You're Mrs. Robinson!" She fell back with a kick, her anything-but-graceful laugh bouncing off the walls.

   "I am not Mrs. Robinson!"

   "Oh, you so are" Arin wiped the tear off the corner of her eye.

   Allen pinched her cheek to shut her up, "Well... after he fell on top of you what happened next?"

   I licked my teeth.

   "Are you guys okay?" Tino asked and I felt Emil's weight removed from my chest and gentle hands lifted me up by the shoulders.

   "You..." I ran my fingers over my lips, "I-i-it was you...?"

   Emil's pink face turned hot red as Mr. Puffin flew around us, "I-I-I..."

   "Him? What?" Mathias looked back and forth between the two of us, "What—what are you two blushing about?"

   "What's wrong?" Lukas eyed Emil's quivering form, glancing at me every now and then.

   "Oh my God... Emil, I" I inhaled, "I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to, I swear. Drinking makes me touchy"

   "Woah, woah—what!?" Mathias exclaimed, "What's all this about being touchy? What the Hell happened?"

   "Emil..." I fidgeted with my fingers. I'm gonna kill drunk me. 

   "It's... it's okay. I-I d-d-didn't really mind—!" He slammed his hands on his mouth, regretting what he just said.

   "Don't mind? Don't mind WHAT? ACK!" Mathias was silenced when Berwald had his neck in an arm lock. 

   "What is she talking about, Ice?" Tino asked patiently.

   Emil bit his lower lip. After a few seconds he opened his mouth but—"Tough guy fooled around with cutie pie here. Yep, that's hormones for yeah" The puffin announced, landing on Emil's tense shoulder.

   The room went still and stiff. Oh, no... no, no, no! This is it. Our friendship is ruined. RUINED! Damn you, Halloween. Damn the costume party, and damn alcohol! I am never drinking again—no wait, no. I didn't say that. Just—RAAAAGH! 

   I tightened my fists, my coat probably tearing apart in my hold. But then I felt someone grab my arms and I blushed. Lukas rested his chin on the crown of my head, "Now, Iceland, didn't your big brother tell you it's not right to just kiss someone randomly and make them think they did something wrong?"

   Daring myself to look up, he and I locked gazes. The smallest hint of a smile was on his pale face, "When you kiss someone it shouldn't be empty" 

   Wow. To be honest, I never took him for the romantic type. 

   "Dammit, Ice!" Mathias was sulking on the floor, head down and ass up. 

   "Ice is growing up" Tino cried quietly, "...And for her, too. That's not fair, Icy!"

   Berwald rubbed Tino's back as he wept on his chest. His brows were knitted closely and he seemed to be upset as well.