9: The One with the Missing Puppies

The room was still and silent, save for the sound of Alfred's ten-year-old Superman wall clock ticking and my fingers tapping softly on my arm.

   Arin and Allen watched on with pounding hearts from a distance as Gilbert and Mathias kneel before you, having been in the same position for fifteen minutes now.

   Gilbert, finally giving in, gulped "Um, frau"

   I swung my head to face him, eyes cold, causing him to falter, "What?"

   "It's just that" Mathias continued for him, "y-you seem calm"

   "Is that so?" I leaned back on the black-leather executive chair, or what Alfred called "the Boss Chair" as it was what big-shot villains in movies sit on.

   Everyone fell quiet again.

   "Is this really okay?" Arin whispered to her brother "I swear she's one nerve away close from murdering someone"

   "It can't be helped. After the two reported what happened, she went catatonic and eventually turned into that" They returned their attention to me, knowing that beneath that thin surface of ice lay a Hell ready to be unleashed.

   "Frau"

   "Y-you're still not mad, are you?"

   The twins froze and I stopped tapping. Mathias immediately shut his mouth in regret and Gilbert looked like he was just about ready to send the Dane flying out the window.

   "You're asking me if I'm still mad..." I rose to my feet, steady and unrushed "The two who kidnapped my dog,"

   Click. Click. Click. My kitten heels seemed to echo as I closed in on them.

   "and lost him in this city where he's never been to..."

   I bent down to their eye level, "Are asking me IF I'M STILL MAD?"

   "W-w-we're s-s-s-sorry!"

   "Y-yes, yes we are, so please..."

   They exclaimed in unison: "FORGIVE US!"

   Arin and Allen were also on their feet, ready to stop me from doing anything that may send me to court, but all I did was stare at Gilbert and Mathias' weeping faces for about half a minute or so, before sighing and turning away.

   I fell back on the chair which Arin and Allen held still so I wouldn't end up on the ground. I reached for my temples, "Whatever..."

   The twins shared a look, and so did Mathias and Gilbert.

   "Frau... if there's anything we can do to help"

   "We're right here"

   I felt a hand over my shoulder and so I looked up. Arin smiled at me. I turned to see Allen nodding.

   I sighed once again, "In that case..."

"Thank you for coming. I'm really sorry for bothering you" I bowed my head.

   Gilbert had asked Ludwig and the others to come and help, and now almost all of my close friends were here, ready to help.

   "I've heard that Aster's also missing" Matthew spoke up, "We'll find them, I'm sure of it"

   I smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Mattie. Again, I'm so sorry for the bother"

   "It's not a bother at all" Tino said, "I'm sure you're very worried. If Hana went missing, I would've lost it"