Maid

Arthur sighed for what felt like the millionth time that evening. He was ordered by the Butler, Ludwig Beilshmidt, to stay outside the doors of the dining area just in case Master Alfred Jones needed something.

Alfred Jones.

Arthur despised that man. He practically bathed in his money that his father had passed down to him as the eldest son when he had passed. He was constantly flaunting his wealth and was hardly ever in the manor. Arthur thought there was no point in the man keeping the manor if he was never there except to show off.

However, Arthur found himself being a close friend to Alfred's younger brother, Matthew Williams. Matthew was a kind, soft-spoken boy who always smiled and was often forgotten about by his elder brother.

"Ah, one moment, my good sir! Maid!"

Arthur groaned, then breathed in deeply. He faked a smile and walked into the dining room, standing straight and tall. "Yes, master?"

Alfred grinned, holding up his glass. "A bottle of wine? The finest, of course."

"Of course." Arthur bowed, and turned on his heal. Once he passed through the doors, he groaned and stomped down stairs to retrieve the finest wine the Jones manor possessed. He carried the bottle, then paused at the doors as he listened to the men and women conversing.

"I'm quite curious about that man you have parading around like a maid."

Alfred laughed. "It was the only available job offering I had with most of his standards. He can't cook, he doesn't have very good social skills, but he is amazing with cleaning and organizing. I think the outfit just suits him."

The Frenchman on the other end of the table laughed. "Of course! It is rather fitting! Say, Jones? Do you think he has a mistress at home?"

"He does not." Alfred chuckled. "He lives in the maids rooms downstairs. He does not bring anyone here."

Bonnefoy hummed. "So he is lonely in love, non?"

"You wouldn't dare think of laying with him, would you?" A Madame spoke up this time, shock in her smooth voice.

Alfred stayed silent.

"Maybe I would," Francis stated.

"I wouldn't think that thought again if I were you, Bonnefoy." Alfred spoke again, voice deep and demanding.

Arthur chose to walk in, deciding he waited long enough. "The finest wine we have, master Jones."

Alfred grinned up at Arthur. "Good, good! Pour some for us, will you?"

The Brit bit back a retort and nodded. He shivered and felt disgust course through him as he saw Bonnefoy's lustful eyes rake over his body. The Madame beside Francis slapped his arm.

"Do not be so disrespectful of the maid, Bonnefoy!" She looked up at Arthur with soft, forest green eyes. "Thank you, sweetheart." Arthur smiled in return, carefully pouring his a glass. He rather liked Madame Hedérvàry and her fiancé, Master Edelstein.

He tried not sneer as he poured wine into Francis' glass and attempted not to roll his eyes as he poured Master Gilbert Beilshmidt wine.

Gilbert Beilshmidt was not only a close friend to Alfred, but also Ludwig's elder brother who was-reluctantly, might I add- handed the money. Everyone was shocked with how well the albino man handled the money and didn't toss it away for alcohol or women. He did go out on occasion, but never blew loads of money like many people expected of him, including his own younger brother.

Arthur left the room, thanking God that he didn't have to stay in that room a heartbeat longer.

~