Grief Blames

Alfred... Wasn't quite sure what to do. Should he apologize? Should he keep quiet? Should he agree? He decided to keep quiet.

Wrong choice.

"Oh! So now you have nothing to say!?" Arthur shoved Alfred's chest, which didn't seem to affect the younger man. "You always have something to say, so now is when you decide to keep your fat mouth shut!?" Alfred raised and furrowed his brows in concern. Arthur didn't mean anything he was saying, and Alfred knew it.

Though, it still hurt.

Arthur shouted, gripping his hair. "Do you not care!?"

"I do care," Alfred murmured, reaching over to Arthur. The Brit rejected his touch. "Arthur, I care. I really do. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to be there for you, but you know by boss. I really wish I could have made it to your brother's funeral. I know you needed me, and I tried getting there as fast as I could, but-"

"Shut up," Arthur cried, slapping Alfred's hand away. "Shut up! I hate hearing your excuses! You make excuses for everything!"

"What!? No I don't!"

"Yes you do!"

Alfred shut his mouth. Arguing with Arthur was futile. He sighed softly, staring sadly into Arthur's reddened eyes. "I'm sorry..."

"No you're not," Arthur hissed, pulling back into himself. "You're not sorry." Alfred closed his eyes. "You wanted to miss it. You didn't want to be there for me."

Arthur knew that wasn't true, right? He should know. He's known Alfred for years. That's why Alfred didn't understand why Arthur was accusing him of such things.

"Get out," Arthur muttered, stepping aside. "I don't want to see you."

Alfred flinched. At least it's better than 'it's over.' However, Alfred stepped closer, placing a hand on Arthur's upper arm. He pressed a kiss to Arthur's temple before he could be forced away, and left. Before he closed the door, he glanced over his shoulder with the best smile he could muster. "I love you, Arthur. I always have, and I swear I always will."