Stranger

Bright eyes.

Sparkling grins.

Cheerful laughter.

Flamboyant attitude.

All things to describe the younger country.

Beautiful.

Kind.

Always wanting to just help.

Always being blamed for other's problems.

Always being insulted.

Arthur always thought the younger man wasn't given enough recognition or thanks for all he does.

Forced smiles.

Chocked laughter.

Reserved.

The last one out the room.

Quiet.

Arthur didn't like this new Alfred. He was a different person. So he stayed in the conference room, eyes trained on the young man. Once everyone else was gone, Arthur stood.

"Alfred."

Said man jumped, eyes wide as his focus snapped to Arthur. "England? What're you doing?" Alfred then smirked as he stood. "You worried about me?"

Arthur drew his hands up to his chest as he approached Alfred. "What's going on? Why are you acting like this?"

Alfred blinked, brows furrowed. "What do you..?"

"I know something's wrong. I know you, and this isn't you." Arthur reached up and placed his hand on Alfred's arm. "Please tell me."

"I... I..." Alfred tried to find the words. "I'm... Fine. You don't have to worry about me."

Arthur clenched his jaw and jabbed his finger in Alfred's chest. "No. Don't do that. Tell me."

Alfred looked away. "I... Can't. Not yet. I will, though... I promise."

The Brit stared up at Alfred, then slowly nodded. "Okay." Arthur stood for a moment, then stepped back. "I'll see you-" Arthur gasped as arms were thrown around him, squeezing him tightly. "Alfred!"

Alfred held Arthur close, burying his nose in Arthur's hair. "Thank you... For actually caring about me..."

Arthur was frozen in his spot for several seconds before relaxing and returning the embrace. "Yeah, well... Don't get used to it..."

Alfred chuckled weakly, squeezing Arthur. "I'll try not too..."