TWENTY-SIX

"I LOVE YOU, Skylar Grace Winston

"I LOVE YOU, Skylar Grace Winston."

All of the color drained out of my face and my stomach dropped. I stood there awestruck.

"Y-you love me?" I stuttered, pointing towards my chest.

He looked at me and gave me his famous smile again. Oh, how I love that famous smile. "Of course I love you."

"Wait, there isn't some catch? You're not going to add in 'like a sister' or 'as a friend?' You really love me?" I felt my voice float throughout the quiet room and stared at Soda who was laughing.

"I promise no catch. A special friend of mine knocked some sense into me." He grinned and looked towards the ceiling.

"It was Mike wasn't it? That's what y'all talked about." I answered and looked upwards, as if Mike's face was on the ceiling.

He smirked. "Maybe."

"So, what does this mean?" I asked, more to myself than him.

He grabbed my hand and helped me out of bed. He started to lead me downstairs.

"Soda, what are you doing?" I questioned while holding onto the railing with one hand and holding Soda's hand with the other.

"You'll see."

When we got to the bottom of the stairs, I gasped. All of the gang, including Bent, were in the living room.

Pony held up a sign that said WILL, Johnny held up a sign that said YOU, Two-Bit held up a sign that said BE, Darry held up a sign that said MY, Steve held up a sign that said GIRL, and Sarah held up a sign that has a ?.

My jaw dropped and I jumped up and down and squealed. "YES!!!"

I jumped into Soda's arms and he twirled me around and yelled. "This is the best day of my life!! Thank you SO MUCH, Mike!"

He held me bridal style and I looked up and smiled at him. "Even though Mike did die, I think he knew that today would be a happy day for us."

Soda grinned. "Yeah, he always knew."

Dally leaned against the wall and smirked. "Told ya this was going to happen. Remember what I said a month ago, you're going to have little baby Soda and Skylar's running all over the place."

I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed him. "Oh hush it, Dal."

"You better not hurt her or I'll break you." Dally informed Soda while playfully pounding his fists together.

"I won't. I swear." Soda looked at me and kissed me on the forehead.

"Oh c'mon, I want a real kiss! It'll be little Skylar's first kiss!" Two-Bit yelled and everyone cheered along with him.

I looked at Soda and then he looked at me. He pushed his lips against mine and I did the same. It felt like electricity running through my body. I've been waiting for this my whole life. It's like I was craving it.

"Alright, now y'all can get a room if you'd like." Ponyboy teased and I put him in a headlock.

"You have the best lips ever." Soda breathed which caused Pony and me to laugh. "Why thank ya, you're not too shabby yourself." I playfully tapped him and he kissed me one more time.

"Let's go celebrate!" Darry shouted.

"I know just where to go." I smiled.

I grabbed little Bent and since he was so small, I just decided to carry him instead of taking his leash. We all walked, them following me. When we arrived at the Dingo and Jay's, everyone cheered.

When we entered, Ashley ran up and gave me a hug. "I miss him." She sighed.

"I do too." I replied while giving a sad smile. "But, he'd want us to be happy. So I brought company!" I pointed to the gang who was starving and then to Bent.

Ashley laughed and pet Bent. "Go take your seats and I'll go fetch dog food for Bent."

[picture of Ashley below. She plays as Emma Stone.]

It was awkward because Soda and I sat together and Steve wanted to sit with Soda while Sarah wanted to sit by me

I looked at Soda and he looked at me and we both gave a devilish grin and nodded. I pushed Sarah into my side of the booth while Soda pushed Steve into his side, and then Soda and I sat on the outside so they couldn't get out. Sarah huffed and Steve didn't say a word.

Darry and Dally sat at one booth while Pony, Johnny, and Two-Bit sat at the other.

Ashley came and took all of our orders and brought dog food for Bent. Bent was sitting on a little dog bed that Mike had kept here for when he worked late at night.

Once Ashley left, I cleared my throat. "Look, both of you are my best friends. Steve, you hurt her and I'd like you to explain why because I just don't understand. None of us do."

Steve sighed. "Claire was my first crush. We were super close. It's like she always had me under this....spell. When I met Sarah, I felt the exact same way. Her beautiful, silky brown hair and her bright blue eyes always had me captivated. Her personality and big heart is what really got me. Skylar, you were right. Sarah was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know what I was thinking. I was just so surprised to see Claire there ya know? Once Sarah walked out though, I instantly felt a piece of me gone. It's like they say I guess. You never know what you have until it's gone."

I looked over at Sarah who looked like she was about to burst into tears at any minute. "Dang it, Steve. Why do I love you so much?"

Steve smiled for the first time today. A real one. "Sarah, it's not as cute as Soda's, but will you be my girl again?"

I looked over at Soda and winked and he winked back at me. "Yes, just please, please don't hurt me EVER again. Or I'll get Skylar back on you." Sarah warned and held Steve's hand.

Steve's eyes got big. "Trust me, I don't want Skylar to about kill me again."

I pointed my finger at him and ran my finger across my neck to show him me slicing his neck. They all three laughed and Ashley came over with our food. "Thank you, Owner." I winked at her and she grinned.

"You don't know how happy I was to know that I got to own this place. I've been working here since I was thirteen." Her face lit up like a Christmas tree and I grinned.

It's been an amazing day.

All thanks to Mike.