TWENTY-EIGHT

Jealousy

jalousie/ jealousy

"A sentiment which is born in love and which is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else."

//

AS SOON AS my name came out of her mouth, I instantly looked at Soda

AS SOON AS my name came out of her mouth, I instantly looked at Soda. "We're going somewhere else."

Soda looked at Sandy and then back at me and hesitated. I scoffed. "Did you really just hesitate?"

"Oh c'mon, leave him alone, Skylar. After all, you're not the boss of every person you see. If he wants to stay here with me, he can stay here with me. I'm way better than you anyway." Sandy bragged.

"Did you hear about the weather tonight?" I questioned and gave a fake smile.

She rolled her eyes. "Does it look like I pay attention to the weather?"

I smirked, "No, but you should really check more often. I heard there was an 100% chance of rain." I snatched the mug of water she was holding in her hand and poured the whole mug over her head.

She gasped and screamed. "Soda, if you don't get your little friend over here I might have to get my friends on her."

"Girlfriend." I corrected and got right up in her face. "And, what? Are you too scared to fight me yourself, Princess?" I pouted and started laughing.

"Skylar, stop." Soda spoke with a serious tone.

"Oh, here you go using my first name again. I'm not scared of her 'little friends." I rolled my eyes and put my fingers in quotation marks as I said little friends.

Soda took a deep breath. "Blue, she's been cheating on me with Lucas."

I froze and glanced at Sandy who was giving me her famous She-Devil smirk. "Yeah, Lucas told me a lot about you, Skylar. Says he has a bone to pick with you."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Yeah and do me a favor and make sure to tell him when I see him again I'll have my bucket of bleach ready."

She smiled and shook her head. "You don't know what you're getting yourself into, Skylar Winston."

I mimicked her, "And you also don't know what you're getting yourself into. I can turn into my brother within a split of a second and I'll have you pinned up against the wall, throwing punches at you in no time."

She shook her head and walked away. "Take care, Soda. Good luck, Skylar."

Soda was absolutely infuriated. We got into the truck and he exploded. I've never seen him this mad in my life. "Skylar, you have no idea what you just got yourself into! Are you stupid?!" He slammed on the gas pedal making me go head first into the head board.

After using tons of profanity words I'd rather not mention, I gritted my teeth. "I have more brains than you! Why would you even date an ass like that anyway?!"

"Because I loved her!" He shouted.

I went silent and looked down. I'm pretty sure my head was bleeding from where he slammed on the gas pedal like his life depended on it.

"Loved her or do you still love her?" My voice barely reached a whisper.

He gulped and continued driving, not saying a word.

Best date night ever.

//

WHEN WE PULLED up to his house, I barged in the front door, scaring the life out of the gang. I looked around and mentally thanked God that Dally wasn't here.

It's about to turn into World War III.

Soda slammed the door and I looked at him, so pissed that I swear you could see steam blowing out of my ears. "YOU STILL LOVE HER! Why would you EVER lead me on IF YOU KNEW YOU STILL LOVED HER?!" My voice cracked and I knew I was about to burst into tears at any minute.

Don't cry over this, it's stupid. Don't cry in front of the whole gang. You're a Winston you don't cry. At least not in front of people.

Soda's face softened as soon as he heard my voice crack. "Blue..."

"No!" I screamed. "You can call me Skylar from now on since that's what you've called me the rest of the night. You knew I have always had feelings for you! I told you that night we got drunk!"

"You were drunk! You didn't know what you were saying!" Soda's voice shouted over me.

"You know, my dad always said drunk actions were sober thoughts." I shook my head and gave Soda the iciest glare I've ever given anyone.

"You led me on and hurt me! Again!" I yelled and slammed on the table, making everyone jump again. "I loved you so much, Soda! And sadly, I still do! I don't care if I get hurt or even killed by the Soc's, as long as I never have to see you again, I'll be just fine!"

I pushed Soda out of the way so hard he slammed into the wall, and I ran out of the door, tears pouring down my cheeks. The gang kept screaming my name, but I ran into my house and collapsed on the couch. I cried so much I threw up. Bent knew I was upset so he jumped up on the couch and started giving me kisses. I slightly chuckled and Bent laid down in my lap.

I stared around the empty, dark living room and couldn't even cry anymore. I threw up everything. I swallowed the lump in my throat and sighed. "Looks like it's just you and me, Bent."

I must've passed out on the couch because Dally came in, slamming the door causing me to jump. "I swear I'm going to kill him!" He shouted.

I took a deep breath. "Dally..."

"No!" He yelled at me. "Your eyes are literally swollen from crying so much. I told him not to hurt you and he promised. He may not keep his promises, but I keep mine, so now I'm going to go over there and kill him just like I said!" He ran out the door and I closed my eyes.

I didn't want to go see Soda, but I definitely didn't want Dally getting his hands on him. I ran over there, looking a hot mess - no, correction - an ugly mess just in time.

Dally and Soda were on the porch and the gang was yelling. I ran in between them and pushed Dally back against the wall. "Dal, I know you're extremely pissed, but you don't go around killing the people you grew up with."

He pushed passed me and glared at Soda one more time before leaving. "Thank you, Skye." Darry gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I know, I know I look absolutely terrible, but it doesn't matter because I was just leaving." I snapped and gave a menacing glare towards a guilty looking Soda.