TWENTY-SEVEN

ONCE WE ALL left the Dingo and Jay's, we all walked home

ONCE WE ALL left the Dingo and Jay's, we all walked home. Soda came inside with me, and Dally told me he wouldn't be home until later tonight, so that meant Soda and I had the house to ourselves.

I yawned and sat Bent down on the floor so he could roam around his new house that he'll be living at. Soda looked at me and grinned. "You look exhausted."

I chuckled. "Well, I haven't gotten any sleep for the past two days."

"Let's go to bed!" He shouted and picked me up over his shoulders, causing me to squeal. "Soda, put me down!"

He lowered me and kissed me on the lips. "This was the best day of my life."

I smirked. "Oh really? Because whenever you were with Sandy and y'all had y'all's first kiss you said the same thing."

His expression hardened at the mention of Sandy. "You're way better than her. Personality-wise, you're way more beautiful, and a bonus, you're a way better kisser." He laughed emphasizing the way.

Once I got changed, I just handed Soda a pair of Dally's pajamas. He climbed into bed and I instantly wanted to pass out. Has my bed always been this comfy?

I turned opposite of Soda and he wrapped his arm around my waist protectively. I grinned and sat up in bed. "What is it?" Soda's voice came out muffled in the pillow.

"I'm going to go get Bent." I spoke and ran downstairs to grab him. I brought him back up and laid him in bed right beside me. Soda put his arm around me again and Bent nuzzled up in my chest. I instantly fell asleep, thankful I was in my bed.

SKYLAR'S DREAM

May 14, 1983 (Skylar and Soda were 14)

I was sitting in the window of my room, looking out onto the neighborhood. I sighed and starting doodling in my notebook. I always drew when I was upset, I don't know why. Maybe because my mom did the same thing. I wasn't too bad at drawing, but I wasn't as great as my mother was.