Chapter 20

Disclaimer!! I'm not the owner of Detective Conan, Magic Kaito or any of their characters.

"Ran's Return"

Ran waited patiently with blinds covering her eyes. She currently praying for her safety and for her 'rescuers'. She heard someone opening and closing the door.

Shinichi, help me. Ran silently pleaded.

Her eyes was shut close, before Kiyako removed her blinds.

Kiyako tried to calm her down. "Hey, its okay. The sun's setting and Shinho reported they are here"

"I-I don't know. But I really hope so. I-I feel like something bad is going to happen" Ran's voice broke.

Shinho came inside the van and told them "They're waiting downstairs. Get some spare guns. Our secret has been blown. Don't worry Ran. We'll get you home safe and nothing can harm you again"

She heard her say that before back in the room. But she was surprised... Her talk, it's like... No, she's mature. "Ne, ne. You're still keeping secrets from me aren't you? I thought you told me everything? "

Kiyako sat back. And face palm himself.

Shinho stared at her poker faced, "We did. I just told that because I like playing detectives and stuffs"

Gladly, Ran bought it. While she mentioned, 'I like playing detectives and such', She was reminded of her freeloader, Conan.

"I think you and Conan would make great friends" Ran said smiling.

The siblings looked at each other. Then Shinho spoke up "Y-yeah. I would like to meet 'Conan-kun' in his re--"

"That's enough. We need to go down" Kiyako said while opening the van's door. "I got everything"

He opened the seat at the back and helped Ran out. He tied the binders and loosened the ropes tying Ran's hands together.

"I can manage the blinders but why loosened the ropes? I thought-- " Ran asked.

"In case of emergency" he replied. But before Ran could asked again, he slightly pushed Ran as a sign of 'moving forward'.

He guided Ran halfway down the stairs and caught a glimpse of Shinho and the others talking and waiting for them.

---

Conan waited patiently with his stun gun ready and the skateboard at his left foot.

"So. This deal is well made. No cops loitering except for hm.." Shinho pointed out "CIA agent, FBI, couple of detectives, civilians and oh, a Lawyer. But.. Where's the-?"

"He didn't came. He has work" Haibara said all in one breathing.

Shinho didn't reply. Instead, he glanced at the people who is currently taking a long time walking down.

They reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Ran!" The parents of the hostage reacted. They trued to reach for Ran but Kiyako held a gun in Ran's head.