Chapter 5.16 (Percy and Padfoot)

"Hey," Aurora greeted with a yawn.

Harry looked up so quickly, that she heard his neck snap and his hand immediately shot up to massage it. "Hi," he said.

Aurora looked at the other two. Ron was asleep and Hermione probably hadn't even noticed her by the way she was concentrating on her parchment.

Harry was staring at her with a comcerned look in his eyes. "Where have you been all day?"

"Fighting the giant squid," said Aurora immediately, rolling her eyes.

"Wha-?"

"She was training for the Wizarding Schools Potion Championship." Said Hermione carelessly.

"The what now?" Said Harry confusedly.

"Apparently I was chosen last year...don't remember. All I know is that I'm forced to spent way more time with Snape than I would like on a sunny sunday."

"Is that where Beaufort has been all day?" Bit Harry. "He was missed."

"Awww," said Aurora, pinching his cheek, "d'you have a wee bit of a crush on Mr. Bad Boy? How adorable!"

"No, Lavender and Parvati would not shut up about it!" Said Harry quickly, blushing bright red.

Aurora laughed. "But yeah, he's there too. Apparently he's quite the talented Potioneer. They also chose him for Rowan's Alchemy class. I'm in a team with him, Effie, and two seventh-years including Cedric Diggory."

"And Hermione wasn't chosen?"

"Oh, I was," she said, happily, "but I have been far too busy with school and S.P.E.W...."

"There we go again," sighed Aurora, falling into the couch next to Harry and listening to Hermione drone on and on about her organisation.

About half an hour later, Aurora was almost fast asleep. The only sound was that of Hermione's quill scratching out sentences here and there on the parchment and the ruffle of pages as she checked various facts in the reference books strewn across the table.

"OK," Hermione said, finally looking up and throwing a pillow at Ron to wake him up, and also causing Aurora to sit bolt upright, "write that down." She pushed, what Aurora assumed was his essay and a sheet covered in her own writing, back to Ron. "Then add this conclusion I've written for you."

"Hermione, you are honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met." Said Ron weakly, "and if I'm ever rude to you again-"

"-I'll know you're back to normal." Said Hermione, smiling a little.

Aurora squinted her eyes at the two of them.

Was Hermione blushing? Because Ron complimented her?

Had the world gone mad while she was away?

Suddenly, Harry moved over to the fireplace, crouching on the singed and threadbare heartrug, gazing into the flames.

"Er-Harry?" Said Ron uncertainly. "Why are you down there?"

"Because I've just seen Sirius's head in the fire." Said Harry calmly.

"Sirius's head?" Hermione repeated. "You mean like when he wanted to talk to you and Ara during the Triwizard Tournament? But he wouldn't do that now, it would be too - Sirius!" She gasped, gazing into the fire. Ron dropped his quill.

There in the middle of the dancing flames sat Sirius's head, long dark hair falling around his grinning face.

"I was starting to think you'd go to bed before everyone else had disappeared." He said. "I've been checking every hour."