Chapter 5.3 (Ridiculously Rosy Romantic Rosalind)

24 June 1995

It was like the world stopped for a moment and he was there, staring at the stillness of life. The last few moments of the happiness he had so craved.

The tearing that followed had been exruciating. It was as though he were ripped apart while the world suddenly started turning faster and time flew by.

He was screaming. Or maybe only in his head. He didn't know anymore. He was consumed by pain now numbing all of his senses.

She was gone.

How could that be? How could faith be so cruel to take her away from him.

He had waited, so long, for her and now she was gone. Just like that.

And that by the hands of his own family. The man he had always seen as a brother. He took her from him and he would pay.

"Cas!" A hysteric voice cried and he could barely feel someone holding his head.

He knew that voice. Darn it. Why was she here? He wanted to be alone. Mourn alone.

"Go away, Ana," he groaned, not moving anything else and keeping his eyes closed. His body was shaking from the after pains he was experiencing.

"Caspian, please tell me what I can do."

"Leave," he said harshly and he could tell by the way she tensed that he had hurt her feelings.

"But-"

"Anastasia, I want you to leave me alone." He said very slowly, trying to get up of the ground.

"But you're shaking. That's not good."

"Thanks for that assessment, I'll be sure to tell my doctor." And with that he left instead.

He limped over to his room and escaped inside, locking it and sliding down against the inside.

Dead.

She was dead.

For over fifty years he had searched for her. And now she was just gone.

They hadn't even met yet. She didn't even know he existed anymore. And now she was gone.

He sat there for a very long time, staring into nothingness when suddenly a flash of green light made him look up. The body of a young girl had seemingly come out of nowhere, looking dead to the world.

But the moment he tasted her presence, he knew exactly who she was.

And that's when he knew where to go and who would be waiting. He rushed out of the room and ran through the long corridors of the castle. His castle although it had never felt like home.

Once outside, he Apparated. The snap of his disappearance barely audible and when his world finally stopped swirling again, his body solid, he stood at the place he never wished to be returned to.

Among his ranks.

Voldemort ignored him for a long time. Too busy speaking to the followers who had let him down more than Caspian ever could.

But Caspian's eyes were trained on the figure lying in a small patch of moonlight. Her familiar golden hair a halo around her head.

Fifty years. It had been fifty years to the day he last saw her.

And now, when he was finally blessed enough for his eyes to fall upon her once more, it was only to see a lifeless body.

~~~~

Caspian had gone back to the castle with her body in his arms. He knew what to do...but he was terrified. He had done this once before and he saw the consequences of that decision everyday.