Chapter 5.26 (Christmas on the closed ward)

The next morning, Aurora awoke to finding the streets had turned white with snow during the night.

She quickly threw herself on top of her presents, and unpacked what she knew to be her new Weasley jumper first. She changed into it and put the rest of her presents into her trunk to unpack at a later time.

Aurora was just about to go down when someone knocked on her door. She opened it to see Hermione and Ginny in their own Weasley jumpers. Ginny immediately fell down on Aurora's bed while Hermione hugged Aurora and thanked her for her Christmas present. Aurora had given her a talking homework planner. Annoying as hell, but effective nonetheless.

"Don't go downstairs for a bit." Ginny said.

"Why not?"

"Mum's crying again." Said Ginny heavily. "Percy sent back his Christmas jumper. Without a note. Hasn't even asked how Dad is or visited him or anything."

"We tried to comfort her." Said Hermione, biting her lip.

"Fred and George told her Percy's nothing more than a humungous pile of rat droppings."

"Didn't work." Said Hermione sadly. "Then Professor Lupin took over."

"Dad's here?" Aurora asked.

"Yep! So are Jace and Effie. They are downstairs making Mrs. Weasley a cup of tea."

Not two seconds later, the door burst open and Elizabeth stormed in. She attacked Aurora and screamed. "JOYEUX NOËL, LADIES!"

"Yeah, yeah, Happy Christmas, Effie." Aurora gasped, trying to breathe while patting Elizabeth's back.

"I have a question." Elizabeth said as she straightened up. She held a finger up in the air as if she was in class. "Where's Kreacher?"

"Don't know." Aurora shrugged. "Haven't seen him in a while. He's probably in Walburga's bedroom crying over her old bloomers or something. Why do you ask?"

"I was just surprised that I didn't hear his nice compliments the moment I stepped into the hall, that's all. He's usually everywhere."

"True," Aurora was frowning now. "Actually I haven't seen him since the night we came here. He was leaving the room when we arrived. Sirius had ordered him out. You don't think Kreacher somehow twisted the words into leaving the house, not just the room, do you?"

"Sounds unlikely." Ginny said, "but on the other hand, Dobby did it too, right? He escaped Malfoy Manor and warned Harry, didn't he?"

"Hermione...did you tell her yet?" Said Elizabeth, as she went to sit crosslegged on the bed.

"Effie..." said Hermione as she glanced quickly at Aurora.

"What?" Said Aurora, frowning. "Tell me what?"

"So...you know about Cedric, right?"

"Yeah..."

"He's engaged."

"WHAT?" Said both Ginny and Aurora in astonishment.

"To whom?" Gasped Ginny.

"To Valerie, of course...you know the girl he betrayed Aurora with."

"Oh, yeah, her," said Aurora, rolling her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Ara," said Hermione apologetically.

"He was useless anyways." Shrugged Elizabeth but even she tentatively searched Aurora's face for a reaction. "Ara?"

"It's OK...it's just a little weird." She said slowly. "I mean, I don't remember dating him...but I also never saw him as that kind of guy."