Chapter 7

BACK ON EARTH, Jane storms over to where the police officers are standing near their vehicles. Anna smiles grimly at Thor, turning her attention to where her friend is currently confronting the police. While she admires Jane's spunk, working as a journalist has given Anna a bit more...experience in handling authority properly, while Jane simply resents them for meddling with her research.

"Excuse me," Jane demands the attention of one of the officers.

"Are you Jane Foster?" The man asks lazily.

"Yes," she replies.

"You know this man?" He turns to point at Ian, who has his hands spread on the car and is being searched by another police officer.

Jane sighs, "He's my intern. My intern's intern."

"This is private property, and you're trespassing the lot of you," the officer replies. "You have to come with me."

The man reaches out to grab Jane by the upper arm to usher her toward a police car. Suddenly, a vivid red and black force erupts from her body, blowing everyone in the vicinity back from the blast - including Jane. Glass shatters in all of the car windows, the shockwave rippling through the area, and Thor throws a protective arm over Darcy while Anna uses her forearms to protect herself from the blast.

"Jane!" Thor and Anna call out simultaneously, running toward the astrophysicist who is now laying flat on the ground.

"Jane," Thor reaches her first, cupping a hand beneath her head and lifting her gently. "Are you alright?"

Jane groans, allowing him to help her to her feet, "What just happened?"

A young police officer approaches, one hand outstretched and a baton in the other. Behind him, others are approaching with guns drawn and pointed at Jane, and Anna runs to Thor's side to help her friend stand.

"Place your hands on your head and step back," the young man warns.

"This woman is unwell," Thor tells him, placing a hand on Jane's shoulder.

The officer hazards another step toward them, "She's dangerous."

Thor turns to him, the wind picking up around him, as he gives him a withering look.

"So am I," he warns the man.

While the man begins to call for backup, Thor instructs Jane to hold onto him and pulls her into his chest. Anna reaches for his arm so he turns his attention to her. Their blue eyes meet, and it's clear what Anna is asking of him. He pauses, a wrinkle forming in his forehead as he holds Jane close, while she stares up at him.

"Please," she says, tightening her grip on his bicep.

He nods, and relief floods through her as she takes another step closer to Jane. The astrophysicist looks between them with confusion, wrapping her arms around Thor's waist as he looks up at the sky. Wind whips around them while strange markings begin to glow on the ground, and all at once a flood of light surrounds them with a crashing noise as they are pulled into the Bifrost.

It's over in less than thirty seconds, and Anna drops her grip on Thor's arm as she stumbles forward to regain her balance. Heimdall stands to her left, his grip on his sword as he closes the portal behind them, and she can't help but grin at the golden dome surrounding her. It's been a month since she first landed in Asgard, and she never thought she'd be lucky enough to return.

"We have to do that again," Jane says, a huge smile breaking across her face as she takes in her surroundings. Landing on Heimdall, she gapes at the large guardian of the Bifrost, "Hi."