Chapter 4

Evelyn's POV
After collecting my things, I knew that I hadn't slept well in the past two days. All this flight business has stressed me out. Once we arrived Penny's apartment, I told her how tired I was and she showed me how her couch was a pull out bed.
"I hope this is alright with you? Sorry it's not enough."
"What are talking about? I'm grateful for this. Thank you Penny."
"You're welcome. Now, how about you get some sleep and tomorrow night, we both go out bowling?"
"Alrighty. Sounds like a plan! Goodnight."
"Goodnight Evelyn."
Fixing the bed and setting my stuff to the side of the couch, I started getting ready for bed and fell asleep.

As I woke up, I realized that I was still in Penny's apartment. I wonder what time it was. As I got up and made us some breakfast, I realized that I should do what mother told me. It was time for me to slow down and start a family. I wasn't getting any younger. But with who? After I finished up with French toast, I walked over with a plate full towards Leonard's apartment.
*knock, knock*
I was expecting Leonard to open the door but nope. It just had to be Sheldon.
"Morning Dr. Cooper. Is Leonard awake?"
"Morning Evelyn. No he isn't."
"Oh. Well, when he wakes up, tell him to enjoy my French toast."
"How did you know that today was French toast day? Did Leonard tell you?"
"What? You have a French toast day?"
"Yes. Thank you. You know, I'm starting to regret what I said to you earlier this week. You aren't like Penny at all. No, you're different and I think I like it."
"Wow. Well, thank you Dr. Cooper."
"You can leave now."
"Okay Um... Bye."
That was strange. I kept thinking about what Sheldon said to me. This man was like a puzzle. I would need to solve it with one piece at a time. Walking back over to Penny's apartment, I saw a zombie looking Penny eating a plate full of French toast.
"Oh god Evelyn. Why didn't you tell me you could cook?!"
"I uh didn't give it much thought. Glad you like it."
"Like it? I LOVE it. You are definitely going to have to teach me how to cook."
"Alrighty. So you-"
I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Penny gave me a confused look and I just shrugged as she got back up to open the door.