Chapter 6

Evelyn's POV
As I was getting ready for this party, Penny came up to me with a smirk.
"What's up Penny?"
"Oh nothing.."
"Tell me."
"Sheldon is going just for you."
"Wait.. What?"
"You heard me."
"Do you think that he likes me?"
"Maybe. Let's find out after tonight."
"Whatever."
Was this man starting to fall in love with me before he could even get to know me? Smiling at that thought, I grabbed my dress and continued to get ready. No Evelyn. You can't let that poor excuse of a man get to you.

After about forty minutes later, I was ready.

"Well, How do I look?"

"Wow! I wouldn't be surprised if every guy in the room turned around just to look at you."

"Really? I look that good?"

"Yeah! No doubt. Let's head on over to Leonard's and we will all go together."

"Alright then. Lead the way."

As we both headed over there, Penny knocked on the door. It only took us about thirty seconds until Sheldon opened the door. He glanced at Penny and then his eyes hit me. His jaw was open and he couldn't stop staring. Well, Penny wasn't kidding. After the awkward silence and Leonard on the way, I decided to talk to Sheldon as we headed downstairs.

"So, Dr. Cooper. Have you ever been to a party before?"

"Well that depends. Do birthday parties count?"

"What? No silly. Have you never been to a party where there is only adults, drinking, cool games to play while you are drunk, and waking up the next morning to a stranger?"

"No."

"Good. Neither have I."

As soon as we arrived, Penny was right. Every single guy there would turn around and steal a glance or two. This was one of the worse mistakes of my life. Why did I have to wear this dress? As we sat down at our table, Penny ordered us a bottle of white wine. Interesting, never knew grapes could be turned artificially white. I'm not used to drinking alcohol. In fact, I've never had it before. Taking a glance at Sheldon, I realized that he hasn't either. As the bartender brought us our bottle of wine, he also brought a margarita just for me.
"Um, excuse me. I didn't order this."
"Oh no ma'am. That guy over there paid for it."
"Really?" I looked over at Sheldon and saw that his jaw was clenched. What's wrong with him? He can't be jealous. "Well, thank you." The man nodded and headed over towards the bar. Penny kicked my leg under the table to tell me something. Then she spoke.
"Hey, I'll be right back. I'm heading to the restroom." Was that my cue?
"Yeah. I'll go with you." The boys didn't give it a second thought as we left.