ー09

Nine;

She entered the university, feeling scared.

She felt like she was being watched.

Hundreds of eyes were following her every move; rumours of her being a single mother had spread like wildfire.

Just as she was about to turn around and just escape school, someone grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently but firmly.

"Ignore them. They don't know the whole truth." Hoshi whispered.

"And you do?" Hye Geong asked, as she pulled away.

Her eyes darkened, "I told you. I am a murderer."

Hoshi chuckled, "No, you're not."

Then, his expression turned serious, as he grabbed her collar and pulled her closer.

"Now, stop blaming yourself for his death. Lee Byung Hun was a good man, and he will forever be remembered by his loved ones. You were young when you married. You still have adulthood ahead of you. Don't let that go to waste. L.Joe would want you to be happy."

Hye Geong let out a sob, "Y-you knew him? L.Joe was only a nickname his friends knew about."

Hoshi smiled, and pulled her into a hug.

"Yes, he was a good friend. Now, stop blaming yourself. You're not a killer. He was in a car accident, and it was not your fault. It was not, and is not. Okay?"

Hye Geong sniffed, "It was my fault. I was calling him, and if I hadn't phoned him, he would still be alive!"

Hoshi shook his head, "Hye Geong? Look, things happen for a reason. And whatever the reason was for him to go, he had to. There was no avoiding it. Believe me, okay?"
Hye Geong slowly calmed down, as she wiped her tears with the back of her hands.

She looked at him, "Thanks, Hoshi."

Hoshi's heart fluttered.

Hye Geong's hands fell limply to her side.

"But you don't understand what I'm going through."

Hye Geong casted one last look at Hoshi, before smiling sadly.

"I just want Byung Hun back by my side."

She turned, and started walking away.

"I miss my husband so fucking much."

『※』