Part 6 { Exposed }

(A/N:) Part six is up and running! Woop Woop!

-----/////-----/////-----/////-----

Jonathan's POV:

We continued to chit-chat as we walked and soon we started to talk about more personal things, like the time I got alcohol poisoning and the time Tyler had first gotten his dog, Kino. I found myself muffling a loud laugh, not really paying attention to where I was walking and the next thing I knew, my foot caught on a raised part of the side walk. I felt myself starting to fall and let out a yelp. "OH fu-" I squinted my eyes shut, bracing myself against the pain I was sure to experience. A hand gripped the back of my shirt and pulled me up. I stumbled slightly as I tried to regain my balance and ended up backing right into the crook of Tyler's arm.

I guess I must have looked like a small, helpless animal because Tyler seemed to feel the need to get protective. "It's alright, I got you." He chuckled slightly, wrapping his arm over my shoulder and pulling me into his side. I started burning up like a furnace. I couldn't tell if I was nervous or if Tyler was just hot.

Not that type of hot! Like, ya'know...temperature hot....

Damn, why did I even have to think about that?

Tyler released me from his grip and we continued to walk. "How long is this trail? He questioned, ruffling his shirt as if trying to cool himself.

"We should be back at the parking lot soon..." I replied. Sure enough, the black paved lot was visible at the end of the trail.

"Oh thank Jesus fuck!" Tyler exclaimed. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he pressed me to his side. I literally smacked myself in the face to try and stop thinking about it. Tyler looked over at me, a slight look of concern in his face. "Dude, are you okay?"

"Haha yea," I laughed it off, "just swatting a bug." I lied. I don't think I've ever lied this much to one single person in my entire life. To be honest, it didn't feel good. I knew I was leading Tyler on and I knew that this wouldn't end well.

"Aight." Tyler said and we eventually reached the parking lot. By some dumb luck, we didn't have to walk much further seeing as my car was right by the head of the trail. I fished my keys from my pocket and went to press the unlock button when a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned to face Tyler, who I now realized was leaning against my car with one arm, practically pinning me to the spot where I stood. My face flushed. Too close! I thought and looked down.

"Listen, Joe... I like you. I guess you can probably tell but uhm." He let out an awkward chuckle. "I guess, ever since I met you in the grocery store, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I even dreamt for the first time in forever." He said. "Oh shit, that was weird, sorry..."

I was awe struck. What even? I just stood frozen, staring into his eyes as I tried to put together what he said. "Uh, n-not really..." Did I just say that? Of corse it's weird! He practically just admitted he dreamt about me!

Tyler remained silent, arm still planted on the car over my shoulder. He met my eyes and we were locked in a sort of staring contest. He seemed to be looking past me and into my soul.

I felt exposed.

-----/////-----/////-----/////-----
(A/N:) OKAY SO THERE'S A REASON THAT THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS WERE SO SHORT. And you'll find that out in the next chapter ;)

Thanks for reading and have a great day <3