Part 7 { Mistakes }

(A/N:) Here we are, part seven ;) enjoy

-----/////-----/////-----/////-----
Jonathan's POV:

I felt exposed and frankly, I wanted out but my legs wouldn't move. It's like they wanted to stay glued to the ground. Tyler bent his arm so he could lean in slightly. I could feel his hot breath on my face and a shiver went down my spine. My eyes slowly shut as his lips brushed against mine. It was softer then expected. Gentle. I partially parted my lips and Tyler turned his head to deepen the kiss. I suddenly snapped out of my high and opened my eyes letting out a muffled sound as I pushed against Tyler's chest. He broke the kiss and stepped back, removing his arm from the car. "I can't..." I breathed.

Tyler looked down at me, furrowing his brows. "You can't what? Kiss me? If you haven't noticed, it's a little too late for that." He let out a small chuckle. I could tell he was trying to mask the hurt in his voice.

"No, I mean yes, but no. I can't lie to you anymore." I stated and stood up straight, trying to talk with some conviction in my voice.

Now Tyler had a straight up puzzled expression on his face. "What?" He asked, sounding confused.

"I can't really keep it a secret anymore. I shouldn't keep it a secret anymore." I took a deep breath and calmed myself down before explaining the situation. "When I first saw you at the store, I didn't really know what to think. I was surprised and happy and afraid and even sad. A mix of emotions." I said, watching as his confused expression grew deeper. "Then you asked me to show you around and I- I didn't know how to say no... I went home and told Car-Luke... I told Luke what happened. He said to call you and get together so I could set everything straight. And now, here I am setting it straight."

"I'm so lost...." Tyler said, rubbing the back of his head as he tried to piece everything together. "What is there to set straight? The fact that you don't wanna go out with me or...." he questioned, starting to sound defensive.

"No..." I paused, taking a deep breath before continuing, "remember when you said I remind you of Delirious? Well, there's a reason for that..."

I could practically see the gears in Tyler's mind grinding as he put everything together. He raised a finger and shook his head slightly, laughing in disbelief. "No, no, you must be fucking kidding. This is a joke, right?" He seemed a little upset, which I could only assume he would considering everything; all the lies I've told.

"You gotta believe me, I wanted to tell you from the beginning but-"

"But nothing! I can't believe you!" He groaned and rubbed his face.

"Tyler I'm sorry. I didn't know how else to tell you and I'm sorry things went.... as far as they did." I tired to apologize but Tyler seemed broken and the expression on his face told me he was about 50 different shades of angry. There was no going back. I fucked up. I should've just come clean from the very start.

Tyler was silent for a moment, looking around as he tried to comprehend the situation. "How can I be sure that it's actually you... for all I know, you could be lying to me right now."

I tried to come up with an answer. "My laugh..." I stated quietly and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"Laugh then." He demanded, folding his arms. I was too nervous and out of my element to laugh properly so when I opened my mouth, nothing but a chocked whine came out.

Tyler raised a brow at me. "I should've known that you'd lie. I gotta go." He said, voice solid and stern as he turned his back to walk away.