Secret Crushes and Amazing Concerts

We've been friends for years. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, like I should be ashamed of myself. I know, I sound very over dramatic but falling in love with your absolute best friend is tough.

I'm currently in Dodie's room getting ready to go see The 1975 live! She puts on a random Spotify playlist. After a couple of songs Love Me comes on and we both lose it. We both start playing the air guitar and loudly (and quite horribly) singing along.

Three minutes later after the song has finished we fell onto her bed in a fit of giggles. "I cannot stress enough how much I love Matthew Healy." I say slightly out of breath. "I know right" Dodie agreed "And in 3 short hours we're going to see him live!" She exclaimed. "I'm so excited! But we should actually start getting ready now" I laughed. Dodie nodded as she got up and reached to her makeup bag.

An hour and a half later we were both ready to go. He got a taxi as it was raining and wasn't exactly a short walk.  Once we arrived we were both buzzing with excitement. Soon enough we were inside, waiting for the band to come out. It wasn't a long wait before they came out on stage and introduced themselves. Everyone, including myself and Dodie, started screaming and cheering.

The show was going absolutely amazing, but for some reason, I couldn't keep my eyes off Dodie. I always knew I had a huge crush on her, but for some reason tonight felt different. I put my focus back on the band when they started playing Love me. Dodie turned and looked at me, smiling from ear to ear remembering what happened earlier. I returned the smile and played my air guitar for the second time tonight, and again, ended up in a fit of giggles.

Dodie and I were singing along to every song after that. Then, they started to play Loving Someone, another one of my favourites. I smiled and looked over at Dodie. My heart melted as soon as I laid eyes on her. She wasn't singing along, she was just looking in awe with the cutest smile on her face. She's so beautiful. She turned to me and I couldn't help myself any longer. "I love you" I blurted out. She looked shocked at first, then relieved. "I love you too" she said proudly. I took her hand in mine and removed the space between us. We were so close, our lips so close to touching. She put her hand on my face and brought our lips together. My stomach was filled with butterflies. Her lips felt so nice against mine, I didn't want it to end, but you know, breathing is a thing we both need to do to live. We pulled away and looked into each others eyes. I smiled at her, she smiled right back. We held hands for the rest of the show.

After the amazing show was over, we got another taxi back to Dodie's. The second we got in the door she pulled me in for another kiss. Of course I kissed her back with no objections. We pulled away. Dodie spoke after a moment of silence. "How long have you liked me?" She questioned. "How many years have we known each other?" I asked. "5 years" she responded. "Then yeah, about 5 years" I smiled. She giggled and kissed me on the cheek. "Hey Y/N?" "Yes Dodie?" She blushed. "Would you like to... Go out with me?" She said the last part very quickly. "Well, I mean I'd have to think about it." She looked a bit disappointed, but was respectful and said "Oh, that's ok, I understand." I giggled. "Of course I will you spoon" she smiled. "Thank god" she said relieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A\N

Hello! This is my first time writing so please don't be too harsh. I procrastinate a lot so I'm sorry if I forget to update for a while. I'm gonna try to post every weekend. I'm not sure which day, but it should be on a Saturday or Sunday as I have exams all this week and I'll be free by next weekend for sure. Anywho, thanks so much for reading and if you have anything requests for what you'd like to happen in this story feel free to tell me and have an amazing day :)