Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

Dodie's pov

I'm a mess. I'm a fucking mess.

It took me about a day to fully come to terms with the fact that I lost her. I actually lost her. And I'm still not even sure why. She just left. I have no idea how to cheer up, I've just been crying and wallowing in my own sadness since she left.

what did I do?

That question has been swarming around my head non stop. I've asked myself that so many times but I still don't have an answer, and I probably won't get one. I've called her and messaged her hundreds of times and I got no response.

Hazel noticed how weird I was acting, so of course being the friend she is, she tried to help.

"Dodie, come here please!" She said loudly from the lounge.

I groaned and rolled out of bed, lazily walking walking to Hazel.

"What do you want?" I said coldly

"First of all, attitude check missy." She joked. "Second of all, I want to cheer you up!"

I gave her a confused look.

"How do you plan on doing that?"

She looked at me with a warm smile and a gleam in her eyes.

"Close your eyes"

I sighed and put a hand over my eyes. I stood and waited patiently for her to do whatever she'd planned on doing.

"Okay, now, open!" She exclaimed

I uncovered my eyes and looked down to see a bunch of DVDs, a bottle of Coke™ (lmao spon), brownies, and a pizza.

"Are you suggesting I eat my feelings? Because if so I'm not going to turn that offer down." I laughed. Wow, I actually laughed.

"No of course I'm n-" she paused "actually I totally am"

I smiled, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's fucking rumble!"

She laughed and set up High School Musical™. I sat down and immediately started eating a brownie. I took my first bite, they were good but, they tasted different. Not even a bad different, just not what I'm used to.

"Yo Hazel I'm totally diggin' this brownie but there's something different about it." I said

Hazel just giggled.

"There's um, well I'm not sure how to say this, there's a little bit, actually a lot of, um, weed in those brownies." She said between laughs 

"HAZEL THIS IS VERY MUCH ILLEGAL" I said while also laughing

"Fuck the Feds! You're heartbroken and you need a distraction. You're not hurting anyone and you'll be fine!"

"Shush, it's starting, I don't wanna miss this iconic duet!" I said as I watched the starting credits of HSM begin.

Two hours later we'd eaten half the pizza and almost all the brownies. I ate the majority of them and I'm feeling weird dude, I'm not gonna lie, shits getting crazy. I was giddy as fuck, and without even realizing it, I was calling her. And what I didn't expect was for her to answer.

"Dodie it's 3 in the morning love, what are you doing?" She said in a tired voice

"Listen, babe, I miss you, a lot, and I love you, a lot. And I really wanna talk to you, like in person and shit. Can we do that?" I asked confidently

She sighed. "Yeah, I think I owe that to you, I love you too and I'm sorry. Could I come over at 12 ish tomorrow?" She asked

Oh shit.

"Uh, yeah, yeah of course you can, um, I'll see you then I guess. Bye." I said a little shocked.

"Alright, love you, goodnight."

The second she hung up I realized what was going on.

"Hazel holy fuck she's coming over tomorrow to talk." I said panicking

"That's great! Maybe she'll actually tell you what's going on. You still love her right?"

"Of course I do!" I exclaimed

"Then maybe things will work out, don't stress okay?" she said softly

"Alright, I think I'm gonna go to bed now, I had a lot of fun tonight though. Thank you so much."

"No problem love, now go get some rest." Hazel said as she hugged me

I smiled before walking to my room and going the fuck to bed.

Maybe I'll get answers, maybe we'll get back together, maybe everything will be totally fine. I didn't get to think much longer before I drifted in to a surprisingly peaceful sleep.

maybe, just maybe, I'll get my girl back.

A/N

ok I'm not trying to promote weed or any drugs this was just an idea I had so yeah. Sorry if I offended anyone lmao. Love you guys! 💗