Love

⊱⊰

It's been almost a week since the Fairytail came back from the Grand Magic Games. The celebrations haven't stopped one bit. But, Erza lays in her room. Her scarlet hair spread out in all directions as she looks up at the ceiling. "Everyone has been so.. Happy. I'm glad." She smiles to herself. As long as her comrades are happy, she'll be happy. She rolls over to look at the door. She's feeling quite lazy today... She decides to just not go out. She gets up and quickly stands on her feet. A little too fast... She gets light headed and sits back down. She holds her head as everything start to focus again.

"Erza? Are you ok!?" Lucy runs over to Erza. Lucy rubs Erza's back. "Yes... Just got up too fast." Lucy sits down next to her. "Someone's at the guild. They said they wanted to see you." Ugh. Just when she didn't want to go anywhere. "Ok..." Lucy gets up, "Do you want me to wait or....?" Erza requips into her armor. "There's no need to wait." Lucy rolls her eyes while laughing. They both go out of Fairy Hills when Erza stops walking. "Who exactly wants to see me?" Lucy's lips turn into a smile, "they said not to tell." Erza grunts. She hates it when someone keeps secrets.

The rest of the way is silent. Erza's mind wanders off. Who wants to see her? Perhaps Heart Kreuz with her new armor? No, they wouldn't want to keep it a secret. Maybe a new guild member who wants to meet her? Of course she has Jellal on her mind, but she won't want to get her hopes up. "Erza!" Erza bumps into someone. The basket someone was holding drops to the floor. All the fruits and vegetables fall on the ground. "I am so sorry!" Erza quickly goes on her knees to pick up the vegetables. "It's fine." The old lady starts to kneel down, but Erza stops her. "It's fine, I'll pick them all up." The lady smiles, "Thank you, dear." The old lady wears a bun with a light purple dress. She holds a walking stick in her hand.

Erza quickly picks up the groceries. She's so embarrassed! How can she let herself daze off like that? "We're so sorry." Lucy apologies several times. "Don't fret, it was an accident." Erza puts the fruits and vegetables back in the basket. "There you go, again I'm sorry." The old lady takes the basket. "It's fine, thank you." The old lady continues walking. Erza and Lucy quickly walk to the guild. "I bet you feel stupid."

"Very." Lucy chuckles as Erza's face is still red. "Why didn't you tell me sooner!?" Erza asks as they reach the guild doors. "I didn't see her either! She kinda just showed up." They open the doors to see everyone gathered around something.. or someone. "Hey, Erza's here!" Everyone looks to the guild doors. "Erza!" Someone comes out of the crowd with a hood on. As they run to Erza, their hood falls off. "Meredy!?" Meredy looks both worried and happy. "I don't have much time to explain, but Jellal and I were going to take down a dark guild not too far from here, but Jellal got struck by something. He's with that old lady in the woods. He wants to see you."

.... What? Erza looks around for any kind of assurance. "Take me to him." Meredy and Erza leave the guild to go the the healer's house. Meredy has a hard time keeping up with Erza. "I hope you're ok, Jellal." Erza's thoughts wander to the idea of Jellal dying. Oh Mavis, if that happens she would die herself. "Erza... w... wait up!" Meredy's breathing is jagged. "Please, please be ok."

Erza makes it to the little cottage of the old woman's house. She slams open the door. "Don't slam my door!!" Porlyusica shouts as she walk up to Erza. "Calm down! He's not dead." Erza runs to the bed where Jellal lays. Jellal looks to Erza then Meredy. "Hey...?" Erza kneels down to eye level with Jellal. "What did they hit you with?" He grabs Erza's hand, "It doesn't matter. Did you run all the way here?" He looks back to Meredy jugging a glass of water. "Yeah." He chuckles, "you didn't have to─"

"I did! You made me so worried!" Jellal's face turns red. Erza quickly turns red as well. "Uhh, I didn't mean... You're my friend, of course I would worry." Meredy laughs at loud at the scene. She pushes Porlyusica out of the house while winking at Jellal. Jellal turns a darker shade of red. "Uhh... So..." The room is think with awkwardness. "Look, Erza, I'm fine. It was just a little strike." Erza starts to tear up. "It is to me! You're my... friend," it almost hurt to say that, "I don't want you getting hurt." Jellal smiles at her while he strokes her hair.

He stops. This is selfish. He can't do this. "Erza... You don't need to worry. I don't deserve it." Erza grabs on to the bed spread. "Please stop saying that. Let me worry for you. I've forgiven you already. You don't need to punish yourself. You've already done so much good. Please." Erza looks into his eyes. "You know... I... Love you. Please, let me worry." Jellal sighs before sitting up. He lifts Erza's chin. "Thank you, Erza." He hugs her. She hugs him back, tight. "Thank you." They stay in each other's arms for a little. Jellal knows he feels the same towards the scarlet beauty... but he can't bring himself to say it.

It's just three simple words, yet he just can't bring himself to say them. No matter what Erza says, he'll always feel the same. "I feel the same as you, Erza." Her heart tightens. She feels like this every time she thinks about him. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what they feel for each other.

What they call this feeling is love.

Day 4: Haunted