Warmth

☾☽

It's the middle of winter in Fiore. Erza walks into the guild after cheering up Juvia. She saw Gray with the scarf Juvia made for him. She smiles at the thought of them being a couple. It's late, so Erza's heading home to get some rest. The cold air seeps in through her jacket as she warps her arms around herself. Snow continues to fall and land in her hair. The snow stays in her hair giving her scarlet hair a shimmer. It seems like an eternity before she sees the dorms on the Fairytail girls. She wanted to stop by the guild, but Mira's probably already cleaning up. She saunters up the hill to her destination.

Her hands grabs the handle and opens the door. She quickly walks in to see everyone together. "Guys...?" They all look to Erza. "Hey, Erza. The lacrima heater's not working." Erza groans as she tightens her jacket around herself. Levy stands in the middle of everyone with a ball of fire. "When are they going to have it fixed?" Everyone shrugs, "We called, but they didn't tell us when." Erza sighs. Just great. "I'm going to my room."

She heads down the hallways and up the stairs to her room. She goes to her drawers and gets out several blankets. She puts them down on her bed. The blankets are thick and should keep the cold out. She decides to get into her pajamas and try to go to sleep. She changes into her sleep wear and bundles herself in all the blankets. At first, she feels warm, comfortable. But then, the cold slowly starts to seep in through the several blankets.

She warps them tighter as she curls up into a ball. The cold nips at her toes and hands. Slowly it goes throughout her body making her shiver. She desperately tries to keep in the warmth before it goes away for the rest of the night. She knew it would be cold, but not this cold. She's freezing! She gets up and goes to Levy's room. The stacks and stacks of books are around the place. Levy sits on her bed with a torch of fire keeping her warm. "Levy?" Levy looks at the door as Scarlet stands next to the opening. "Do you want fire?" Erza nods as Levy gets up and looks through her stuff. She finds an extra torch. "Solid Script: Fire!" She shouts as small words of fire show up and goes into the torch. She gives it to Erza who gladly takes it. She leaves saying a, "Thank you." Before closing the door.

She walks back to her room and closes the door. She puts it on a stand making sure it won't catch anything on fire. She goes back into her bundle of blankets. She can feel the warmth of the fire going throughout the room. She can feel the cold leaving her blankets, toes, and fingertips. She smiles as she closes her eyes. Titania is almost asleep when her loose window flies open letting in the freezing air into her room. She unwraps the layers of blankets off her. Her feet touch the cold floor making her bring her feet back up. The cold quickly devours the warmth that was once in the room. She puts on her slippers and runs to close the window. The window has been loose for quite some time now, but still hasn't been fixed. Just when she was going to go to sleep. Now she's wide awake again. Her slippers fall off her feet as she crawls back into bed.

For what seems to her the hundredth time, she covers herself with the blankets. One problem: the torch went out. This is just the perfect night for the scarlet knight. She wants to get one but two things: she's lazy and doesn't want to bother Levy again. She decides to just endure it all night. It's not like the torch made the room that warm. She starts thinking about Jellal. How is he enduring this cold? Could he be close? The window opens once again. But, it wasn't the air. A rope lands on the floor. She quickly gets up from her bed.

Could it be robbers? Well, they've come to the wrong room. She requips into her armor, ready to fight. A hand comes through the window. "Don't hurt me!" The person shouts as they fall onto the floor. Erza gets a sword and points it to them. "Who are you and what is your business? You've disrupted my sleep!" The person takes off their cloak. Erza gasps, "Meredy!?" Meredy grins at her. "Hey, Erza. Don't worry Jellal will be up in a little." Jellal?! How does she look? Her hair is a mess! Erza smiles nervously as she slowly runs her fingers through her hair.

"Don't worry, Erza. He won't judge." How did she know!? Jellal's hands shows up and soon he's standing in front of her. "Erza." He greets as he takes off his hood. "Jellal." Erza returns the greeting. "So, we were really cold. We were wondering–" Jellal coughs. Meredy sighs, "Well, I was wondering if we could stay with you...?" Erza smiles, "Of course." Meredy cheers and hugs her. They walk to her bed. They both take off their shoes. Meredy goes to the edge of Erza's new king sized bed. That leaves Jellal to sleep next to Erza. Both turn red extremely quickly."Uh, you, uh, you don't have to sleep next to me."

"It's fine." Both crawl into bed. They turn theirbacksto each other, not wanting to show their red faces. All fall asleep quickly. Erza feels a warmth go from her waist to the rest of her body. She turn to see a sleeping Jellal with his arm around her. Her face turns red as she turns back around. "He's so warm." She thinks as she scoots closer to him. She can't help it.

He's her warmth.

Day 7: scarlet sky