London Bridges

Past

Friday, December 24, 2012

8:00p.m

Almost a month later, their marriage was in recovery mode. With Christmas around the corner, the holiday festivities also played a big role in the relationship's steady recovery. Since he'd laid everything on the table for Corrine, Richard had been committed to righting each and every one his wrongs and regaining his wife's trust.

He tried to come home earlier, kept his and Bleu's business outside of their household, and most importantly he'd kept away from a certain sultry, red headed temptress. At least as much as he could, considering they worked together. Even then, their interactions were kept to a minimum.

At first, Kyle loathed the sudden lack of attention that she'd gotten from him and was persistent in changing his mind. Luckily, after an entire week of the cold shoulder, she'd taken the hint and left him alone. Their relationship was strictly business per usual.

They were currently headed to Connor's for the Christmas party he was hosting. Corrine couldn't care less about being in a room surrounded by cops, but these were Richard's friends. She donned a pair of mid rise, dark denim jeans, brown knee-high boots, and an olive, loose sweater. Her hair was done in a high puff and make- up was very light.

"Merry Christmas, Dick," an excited and buzzed Connor greeted. "Why are you two the always so late to everything? We've already started, got some catching up to do, yeah?"

"My lady always takes extra to get ready." He quipped, placing a loving kiss on her forehead.

She giggled, stepping away and twirling playfully. Connor's hazel gaze lingered on the jeans, admiring the way they clung to her hips and shapely, toned bottom. He tore his eyes away from the pleasant view before he could be noticed. "I told you, baby. All of this takes time." Richard chuckled.

Connor took a plentiful swig of his drink before moving aside to let them in. Also to inconspicuously steal another glance.

The party only had around ten of his collegues in attendance. Calling it a Christmas get together would've better suited. Some of them brought significant others or spouses along, some were single. Many of them were already on their third and fourth rounds of eggnog, beer, and vodka.

Drunken laughter and holiday cheer resonated throughout the household; music played in the background. Everyone had taken a spot in the spacious living as the detectives shared their most ridiculous experiences while on the force.

"O'Reilly, please tell me you remember the time we had to chase down that ass naked robber," a large, hefty man known as Henry, boomed with deep cackles. In his hand was a half empty Bud Light.

"How the hell could I forget that? I remember you motherfuckers left me to do the dirty work of having to catch that bastard!"

"You were the rookie!" Henry retorted jokingly as if that was justification. Everyone joined them in laughter.

"Never in my life had I thought that I would've had to chase down a grown ass naked ass man. And that son of a bitch had the nerve to get hard when I tackled him!"

The ding dong of the doorbell interupted Connor's retelling. "Let me get that." His absence was filled with someone else being forced to remember embarrassing events.

Corrine, who'd succeeded in downing two and a half glasses of nog, had been forced to step away from the scene to take a bathroom break.

Connor reentered the room with Kyle and her fiancé , Adrian, in toe. "Look who decided to join the rest of us!" Connor announced to the room. The small crowd cheered, shouting inebriated greetings their way.