Helen of Troy II

*This chapter is unedited.  Beware of mistakes.  Enjoy*

Past

Friday May 31, 2013

10:00 a.m.

Kyle barged in Chief Wallis' office, where coincidentally Agent Townsand had been seated in the leather chair next to his desk, the moment she saw an opportunity.  This morning she was a woman on a mission.  "Lockhart, you better have a damn good reason for coming in here like you own the place."  He said nonchalantly taking a sip from his coffee mug without sparing her a glance.

"I sure as hell do."  The sternness of her tone caught his attention.  He looked at her expectantly, one eyebrow raised silently urging her to continue.   "O'Riley's dirty."

The chief's eyebrows furrowed, Townsand's interest piqued.   The serious lines imprinted on the cheif's forehead deepened.  "Now, Lockhart," he spoke slowly as his eyes shifted to the agent, "I want you to be absolutely sure that you know exactly what you're telling me."

"I'm completely sure, sir."

"Then I suppose you have some sort of proof?"

"Richard's ex-wife."

With that he began to rise.  "You've got to be joking.  You'd believe her?  And what the hell does she have to do with anything?"

"She only confirmed what I'd already begun to suspect anyway, sir.  O'Riley's been tampering with evidence and, unfortunately, so was Detective Morrison.  All of the evidence from any case containing Bleu has been mishandled.  Meaning they all have to be thrown out."

"Do you realize what this means?"

"Yes sir."

"It means you'd all be losing every ounce of evidence against Bleu,"  Townsand rose, happy to finally have caught someone.  Chief Wallis slammed his hand on the desk, rattling the pens in an empty mug.  "For that, I am deeply sorry, but it's out of my hands.  I'm sending this in.  Thank you, Detective Lockhart, for your hard work."

"Is he here?"  Wallis asked as Agent Townsand left the office.

Lockhart shook her head.  "I haven't seen him yet, sir."  Seeing as how Connor was never late, yet somehow he'd been absent on that day made Chief Wallis suspicious.  "He hasn't been home for weeks. Since he left my house, I haven't been able to figure out where he's been hiding."

"Did you tell him what you were planning to do?"  Kyle shook her head again.  "O'Riley you sonofabitch.  I want a warrant out for his arrest immediately."

**********

Present

June 21, 2013

2:00a.m.

Sleep was hard to find for Corrine.  The weight of not only her betrayal, but of Los' hung heavy on her mind.  It was the reason that she hadn't called Val since the day she'd been released.  She couldn't help the bitterness that arose at the thought of her bestfriend deceiving her, knowing all along what her husband was planning.

The water she sipped cooled her tongue as she hunched over the island in the middle of the kitchen.  Just then, Bleu finally made an appearance.  "You're still awake, bella?"  He came over and placed a kiss on her forehead.