Chapter 9

Sophie's POV:

It's been a tough week with Layla, she doesn't talk much especially towards me. She stays in her room, only coming out to use the bathroom or for dinner. Brooklyn seems to sense the awkwardness that is left with having a sister who hates you living in your house, she's been super supportive. I been spending most days at the hospital, sitting with Lucas whilst his treatment is done. He has been super brave in this all, watching his favourite shows on the TV in his hospital room. The doctors are hoping this works, at the moment they are staying positive.

I slip on my black ripped skinny jeans, my 'Picture Me Broken' band tee and black vans. I run a brush through my natural Platinum blonde wavys before turning my attention to applying make up to my pale skin. I look over my outfit happy with my choice, checking my make up next which lucky for me is on point.

I make my out my bedroom, heading down the hallway, stopping outside Layla's door. I tap my knuckles against the solid wooden door.

"Layla, come downstairs please. Brooklyn and I need to talk to you," I yell through the door, continuing to head downstairs.

I make it down to the first floor, smiling to myself as I look around our gorgeous house with proud eyes. Logan sits cross legged on the couch, his beautiful eyes glued to the screen as Cars flashes across the screen for the millionth time, a juice box firmly held in his grasp. I kiss the top of his head, ruffling up his strawberry blonde hair.

I spot my beautiful fiancé standing at the stove, flipping pancakes in the steaming hot frying pan. I move into the kitchen, wrapping my arms around her waist, leaning into her body and kissing her exposed shoulder. She giggles lightly, turning in my arms, her smooth hands cupping my face and bringing our lips together. Her hands move to the back of my neck, deeping her kiss as her tongue slips through my partly parted lips. She tastes of coffee, our lips moving in sync and our bodies held closely together.

"Just because you choose to live your life THIS way, doesn't mean that I want to have to witness it," Layla grumbles, startling us both, causing us to pull apart at her words.

"Layla, I will kiss my fiancé if I want to. This is my house and I will do as I like," I remark, my tone stern, not happy with her lack of respect for us.

"Whatever!" She retorts, rolling her eyes.

"Take a seat at the table. We will discuss what we need to whilst we eat," I instruct, helping Brooklyn get the pancakes onto individual plates.

I bring the plates to the table, my beautiful fiancé giving the youngest member of our family his breakfast. We both agreed he didn't need to be apart of the conversation with my younger sister, so he sits on the couch with his eyes still glued to the TV.

Brooklyn and I have been discussing schooling options for Layla, we both think a public school is the best option. We are booked in for an appointment this afternoon with the principal of the high school a few blocks from here, to have a look around the school and to enroll her. As her legal guardian and her big sister, it is my job to make sure she receives the education she needs and deserves. I know this conversation will not go well, I know my little sister and I know she will hate anything I make her do, despite whether it is something that will be good for her.

Brooklyn joins us at the table, her hand squeezes my knee lightly, encouraging me to start the much needed conversation. I sigh softly, biting my lip nervously, trying to find the right words to speak.

"The three of us need to talk about a decision myself and Brooklyn have made. It is concerning you, so we need you to listen to what we have to say," I say sternly, pulling my confident facade into place.