Chapter 11

Sophie's POV:

My eyes flutter open lazily, my hand running across the sheets, searching for the warmth of my fiancés body. I sigh in defeat, balling up the sheets in my fists, already missing the touch of her soft skin. I groan, rolling out of bed in a tangle of blankets. I struggle to untangle my body, only once I break free of the tangle, I head downstair.

I walk into the kitchen, snatching a bottle of water from the fridge, making my way into the lounge room. I slump down into the couch, snatching the remote and my phone from the smooth surface of the coffee table. I turn on the TV, flicking through the channels before settling on watching 'Teen Mom 2'. I turn my attention to my phone, unlocking the screen and clicking into my unread message.

From Avril 😈
Hey Soph 😊
I was wondering if you could help me write a song? I will even offer you a beer if you agree 😉

I chuckle softly, loving her attempt to bribe me into working with her. I shake my head with a small smirk, knowing I would have agreed without the encouragement of alcohol for me to agree.

To Avril 😈
You don't have to offer me brooze to get me to write a song with you 😲
I'm an artist and song writer so of course I will help you write a kick ass song 😜

I check my Facebook next, taking a sip of the my water, enjoying the feeling of the cold liquid slipping down my throat. My eyes flicker up to the screen for a few minutes at a time. I continue to watch the show about teen pregnancy, replying to tweets from my fans, which really makes their day.

I drop my phone to the couch, feeling my stomach turning, causing a queasy feeling to explode over my body. The contents of my stomach rising up my throat, threatening to spill from my mouth. I jump to my feet, sprinting into the kitchen, making it to the sink just in time. The contents of my stomach now laying in the sink in front of me, running the water to wash away my vomit. I splash some water on my face, taking in a deep breath and wipe a stray tear from my eye.

"I know something you don't
It comes and goes
Like the strength in your bones, woah
So keep your mind at a rest
I'll never let the two of us be friends
Does it hurt?

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It's such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way

You must have the must have moment in your hands
And it's sad to think that this season I'm gonna change
Just not face to face
It ain't broke, so don't fix it

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It's such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out..-"

I swat my phone off the couch, stopping the song from play, answering the call that's coming through. I press my phone to my ear, feeling a light throb in my temples from vomiting moments ago.

"H-Hello?" I stutter, feeling another wave of nausea over take me.

"Miss Scott?" Doctor James asks, her voice laced in confusion.

"Yes, this is she," I reply, pushing the sickness from my mind, trying to focus on the conversation.

"It's Doctor James, I was just calling to give you the results of your pregnancy test," she informs me.

I chuckle softly, "Let me guess. It was negative, right?"

"Actually, it came back positive. So, you will need to organise and book in an ultrasound within the next few weeks."