Chapter 2:Into the Ruins

(Chara's POV)
"Urgh,this floor is uncomfortable",I mumbled to myself,I stood up and looked at (Y/N).
"Honestly,she is kinda cute when she sleeps,probably because she's quiet",I said snickering,i saw beside me the cinnamon,butterscotch pie,i picked it up then quietly opened the door and closed it behind me,I tiptoed to the kitchen.
"Chara",I heard Toriel say,i growled and stood face to face with toriel.
"What is it Mom",i said raising a brow.
"Where you being oddly rude to (Y/N)?"She asked,i shook my head.
"Why would I ever do such a thing",I said grinning.
"Because (Y/N) told me when she first got here",Toriel said,giving me the stare.
"That damn twat",I mumbled under my breath.
"What was that?" Toriel asked,I then perked up.
"I said Imma heat up this pie",I quickly said,as i turned around and walked quickly towards the kitchen,entering it. I then placed the pie in the microwave and waited.
"For a cute one,she sure does get on my nerves",i growled,the microwave beeped,meaning my pie was done,i took it out of the microwave then threw it up in the air.
"SHIT,HOT!" I yelled,i shielded myself for any glass shards,to my surprise there were none.
"Here...",(Y/N) said yawning with the pie in her hand,I took it and started eating it slowly.
"How did you get here so fast",I said still eating my pie".
"You're voice woke me up,and then i felt hungry,so i made my way here",(Y/N) said as she started eating some pie,I gazed at her,then quickly stood up,and deposited the dirty dishes in the dishwasher,then i washed my hands and rushed to my room,once i entered i slammed the door,locking it.

(Readers POV)
I looked confused,I placed my dishes in the dishwasher and headed towards Chara's room,I then knocked on the door.
"Chara? Are you ok? Did you get an upset stomach?" I asked.
"Go away!" Chara yelled,opening the door,which then slammed into my face.
"OW!" I yelled,Chara went closer to me.
"Oh shit,I'm sorry,I didn't mean for that to happen",He said in a tone i never heard before.
"Y-you're...Sincere",I said,he stood there shocked and then quickly grabbed me by the wrist.
"I-I AM N-NOT SINCERE,I-I JUST SAID THAT SO I WOULDN'T GET IN TROUBLE WITH TORI!" He yelled at my face.
"You were sincere! You were sincere!" I chanted.
"WHY YOU LITTLE",He screamed,i closed my eyes as he tackled me,i then opened my eyes and my face turned beet red as i saw his lips press against mine,his face turned redder then mine,but I couldn't tell if he was blushing or just plain angry. Chara separated from me and went into a fetal position,rocking back and forth.
"Aww thats actually pretty cute",i said giggling,he then stopped and faced me with his bright red face.
"H-HEY,IM NOT CUTE!" He yelled.I then remembered my life in the overworld.
"I miss my home",i murmured,tearing up.

(Chara's POV)
I looked at (Y/N) and i heard what she said,I then stood up and patted her on the back.
"I can get you back home...",I said in the most kindest tone i had,she stared at me and wiped away her tears.
"Really?" She asked,I nodded,I took her hand and went downstairs,I then faced Toriel.
"Chara,(Y/N). What are you doing here",she said angrily.
"We're going home!" I yelled,Toriel stood there surprised.
"I cannot allow that",She retorted,she blocked the door.
"Only one way we can settle this",I said with a blank expression. Toriel used her powers and threw me to the stone wall.
"CHARA!" I heard (Y/N) yell,I stood up and tried reaching for my knife.
"What the hell!" My knife wasn't in my back pocket,I then coughed out some blood from the impact. I heard Toriel scream in agony,i then looked towards her direction and saw (Y/N)'s eyes were pitch black.
"I THOUGHT YOU WERE NICE TORI!" I heard her scream,I saw Toriel disintegrate,and her soul shattered into two,as (Y/N)'s eyes turn to her normal color.
"(Y/N)!" I yelled out,running to her.
"Im ok chara,i just have a few scratches thats all",she said getting up, i took her by the hand and walked out into the ruins.
"Damn",I said looking around.

(Reader's POV)
I looked around.
"This is so pretty",I said while following Chara,I then bumped into him as he froze.
"HEY!" I yelled.
"Shhh!" He said covering my mouth,I turned around and saw a shadow coming near us,I kept hitting him until he turned around.
"OH WHAT THE HELL!" He screamed,i just couldn't help but laugh my ass off.
"Hey,It's not nice to leave a fellow hanging",The silhouette said,holding out his hand,I shook his hand and heard a farting sound.
"What the fuck",I said.
"Ah,the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick",the silhouette said laughing.
"Who are you",Chara said.
"The name's sans,what about you two kiddos",he said grinning.
"My name is (Y/N) and he is Chara",I said.
"Well im kinda sad,you two are together and probably went to prom,I couldn't go because i had NO BODY",Sans said laughing, we stood there confused.
"Oh come on that was funny",He said grinning.
"Look,we're here to escape",Chara said.
"Just walk through that fence,my brother papyrus built that to stop any humans going through,but he made it wide enough so anyone could enter",Sans said walking through the open gap,Chara and I followed behind.
"I hear my bro coming,hide behind that conveniently shaped lamp,Me and Chara hid behind it and watched.
"Hey bro",Sans said.
"Sans,you wander about and you're not trying to capture any humans walking through,you're too lazy sans,i suggest you stop that habit of yours and start actually helping",Papyrus argued.
"But i am helping",sans said still grinning.
"And exactly how are you helping",Papyrus said.
"Fine you got me,but you shouldn't be angry nothing is getting Under your skin",sans said snickering.
"Sans,why the puns",Papyrus whined.
"Because they're funny duh",Sans said.
"I will scout the area,and next time when you're scouting the area too,put little Back bone inti it,Nyeh heh heh!" Papyrus said,while turning around and walking away to scout the area.
"You two kiddos can come out now",sans said with a grin. Chara and I stepped out from behind the lamp and when we did,sans was nowhere to be found.
"I swear,he's like he could teleport",Chara mumbled to himself,We then wandered around and decided to make a snow fort for us to shelter in,Chara made the fort while I grabbed some wood to make the fort a bit stable,I then got a few leaves as our pillow and we both entered our fort,I soon felt my eyelids were getting heavier and havier,I was shivering,but i got used to it and soon fell asleep.

(Chara's pov)
I shivered in the cold and saw that (Y/N) had fell asleep.
"How could she get so used to the temperatures",I murmured,i started cuddling with her and soon after fell asleep.