Melody

I was at the cafe with my friends. A short tempered redhead, a bookworm bluenette and a beautiful white haired demon. Yup, my perfect best friends...just...perfect.

"Did you see that new shop open up!" Exclaimed Mira as she clapped her hands with joy evident in her voice.

"Yeah! And next to it there was a book store! I really want to check it out guys!" Said Levy as she cradled a new book she just bought.

"Yeah and we can also-" Erza kept the conversation going but I tuned them out. Yeah they are my friends but...there's just something that makes me feel kinda lonely even if I'm with them.

I'm happy that we always hang out here at the cafe because there's always mini live shows with people playing the acoustic guitar, the violin or singing acapella. But there's this one guy that comes rarely and plays the piano. To be honest.

He's absolutely amazing.

When he happens to be here, I end up completely ignoring my friends since I'm so immersed in the way he plays. It's weird to say that I can feel his emotions every time he plays a note.

"So Lucy, you coming with us?" Asked Erza as she took me out of my train of thought.

"O-Oh, I.."

(I recommend playing the song now)

That's when I heard it. His music being played.

"Lu-chan?" Levy looked to me with an eyebrow raised.

"I'll...catch up with you guys later. I have to. Do something first."

"Okay. Come on girls." And without hesitation, they left me. I sigh but decided to take a seat closer, so I can listen without any interruptions.

He looked down to the piano keys with full concentration, his hands glided from one end to the other.

But somehow, this time, the way he played was different. It was...sadder.

It made me think about my parents. How we would all go out to my backyard and play and laugh together... But as the song continued, memories of the funeral also flashed by.

Many other things passed through my head, from how my life was, to how I'm living now.

Alone.

I used to be surrounded by people that loved me and yet, I still don't understand how slowly...everyone just started going away.

My life was What you would call perfect.

I had everything any girl would want and more.

Funny how things can change in the blink of an eye.

Suddenly I could also hear the sound of water falling.

Great, now it's also raining.

I looked out the window and saw it was clear as day. That's when I noticed he finished the song and everybody clapping.

Strangely, the guy that played was right in front of me and reached his hand out to my face to wipe away what I had just noticed, were tears.

"Was I really that bad? " He joked with a small chuckle. Embarrassed for him seeing me like this I backed away a bit to try and hide my slightly blushing face.

"N-No, I-I mean..." I looked up to him and...

I just noticed, he really is handsome.

"I could hear the sorrow you feel in the song but apart from that...you were magnificent." I managed to finish my sentence.