Care

It was that typical loner girl who would sit in the back of the classroom with her nose stuck in a book.

Yes, the girls name was Lucy.

But no, the guy that would eventually try and talk to her wasn't Natsu.

It was his best friend Gray.

Natsu watched as he walked over to that girl in the back and tried to talk to her for the first time.

He could see her getting nervous from talking to Gray as she would fidget around in her seat. But you know what?

Natsu could care less.

He watched as Gray would always try and find a way to talk to her. Eventually she warmed up to him. Natsu even saw her laugh with Gray for the first time.

As time went on, Lucy was getting used to socializing with Gray, so he introduced her to his friends in hope that she could continue making friends

As time went on, Lucy was getting used to socializing with Gray, so he introduced her to his friends in hope that she could continue making friends. And she did.

He watched as their friendship slowly turned into that of a relationship. She constantly smiled with him, seeming perfectly happy. Well that's what Gray has told him. All the while, Natsu kept telling himself that

He could care less about her.

He was there when his best friend needed him, weather it be advice about arguments they had or even what he should give her as a birthday present.

Then came graduation day, everyone would throw their caps in the air and cheer. But Natsu already knew that the graduation present for Lucy, was a wedding ring.

And yes, she accepted.

Natsu on the other hand, kept trying to convince himself that,

He could care less.

He went to the wedding as Grays best man and put on a nice smile for his best friend.

As time went on, Natsu kept in contact with Gray. He told him about how great it was being with Lucy and that soon they would be moving in together.

But Natsu guessed it was to soon for them because after a few weeks, he got a call from Gray. He kept asking him what he should do to save his marriage.

Sadly, the advice He gave him was not enough.

So they got divorced.

Now Natsu was helping his best friend out by telling him that these things happen for a reason and that it's not the end of the world. That there's another person out there that's going to be perfect for him.

Natsu continued with his life trying to forget a certain someone He never had in the first place.

He worked at his father's company; Dragneel corporation.

It was a bit boring, yes. But it paid well.

Everything was just as normal as ever. Well, that is until his father got a new assistant.

And of course. It was Lucy.

They didn't see each other as often because his father constantly gave her work to do.

As time went on and Lucy got to know Natsu. He couldn't do the same because he already knew a lot about her, even if he wasn't with her like Gray was.

But one things was for sure. Whenever they were together, there was never a dull moment. Natsu knew that he shouldn't try anything with Lucy because he didn't want problems with his best friend. So he kept repeating in his mind about how

He could care less about her.

Some time had passed since Lucy was working with Natsu and he kept his own promise about leaving her be. Even if he finally realized he loved her.

Soon, Gray called him; giving him an update about his life and how he's doing. He even mentioned a blue haired beauty that was now a part of his life.

Natsu thought this was his chance to ask. And ultimately, Gray said go for it.

And that's what he did.

He rushed to the company building and found her in the office lounge. He had a bright smile on his face as he jogged over to her and planted a kiss on her lips.

Yes she was surprised.

But she returned his feelings happily.

Now she worked for Natsu, helping the future hair to the company.

They took things slowly and then came the time where Natsu said the four works that every girl wants to hear.

'Will you marry me?'

Happy was an understatement.

She cried tears of joy as she said yes and then jumped into his arms.

Everyone was happy for the couple, even Gray was at his wedding with his beloved wife Juvia.

Of course Natsu and Lucy's relationship wasn't perfect; they had their ups and downs, but they would always get through it.

They bought a house and now Natsu was out on his backyard porch, watching his two children play while he and his sleeping wife sat in the porch swing chair.

He held Her close to him and thought.

She was the only thing he could ever care about.

~Little-Red~