Seeing you

"Alright class, take your seats." Said the teacher as he took out a stack of papers. "Now, as I mentioned before, you are all going to be doing a two partner project on the general history of Japan." Lucy and Levy's eyes automatically met and were filled with ideas and thought about what they could do for the project.

But. The teacher just had to say that one sentence that makes the whole class hate him.

"I will be choosing your partners." Everyone groaned in annoyance.

"Alright alright. Listen up because I'll only be saying this once. Erza Scarlet and Jellal Fernández. Levy Mcgarden and Gajeel Redfox. Juvia Lockser and Gray Fullbuster. Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel. Etc." The two best friends looked at each other with a pout.

"Guess it'll have to be next time Lu-chan." She showed her a sad smile.

"Yeah, but at least your with Gajeel. You know him. I'm stuck with the Dragneel guy."

"Isn't he the one who's blind?" Added Levy.

"Yeah I think so. I've never talked to him Levy-chan what do I do!?"

"Come on Lu, just talk to him. Just because he's a little different, doesn't mean he's some kind of alien. Just try to make conversation."

"R-Right. Thanks Levy-chan."

*RIIIIIIIING*

"Alright everyone! I'll see you all tomorrow." Everyone started getting up and walked over to their partners to coordinate.

But Natsu stayed in his seat. Not moving at all.

Okay, come on Lucy! Just...talk to him.

It was a bit difficult to talk to other people for Lucy, she's very shy and is lucky to even have Levy as her only friend.

She didn't even notice that she had already walked over to his desk.

Natsu had dark shades on making him a bit more intimidating to Lucy.

"U-Um, hey.." She said nervously.

"Are you Lucy Heartfilia?" He asked not turning to her direction.

"Yeah, n-nice to meet you." She then heard a slight chuckle coming from him."W-What??" She asked feeling embarrassed.

"I'm not going to bite you know? I can hear in your voice that your nervous and somewhat, scared?" He tilted his head a bit.

"Sorry, I'm just not used to talking to other people." She said honestly.

"That's okay. And well, getting back to the assignment."

"R-Right! If you want we can do it in the library or.." She urged him to speak and see what his ideas were.

"Is it okay if we head to my place to start? It's a bit easier for me." Lucy shook her head a yes but then mentally slapped herself. He obviously can't see her.

"Y-Yeah! That's fine with me. Why don't we head out?" She said while fidgeting with her jacket from being nervous.

"Has everyone left?" He asked while putting his things in his bag and standing up. Lucy was a bit confused but answered.

"Yeah. Why?" He put on his back pack and took out his blind cane.

"Don't want to bump into anyone now do I?" He chuckled lightly.

They both walked out of the school and before they started going down the side walk, Natsu tugged on her shirt a bit to catch her attention.

"I know it might be a bit awkward but, do you think I can hold onto your arm just in case?" He asked. Lucy's cheeks started getting a light shade of pink and said a small 'sure'.