sixteen ; like a movie

Chapter Sixteen ; Like A Movie

March 17, 1935

The first ever drive-in movie theater opened in Brooklyn just days prior, and the young couple saw it as the perfect second date.

Cara decided to dress more casual, ignoring her mother's' scolding, for the event. She wore her only pair of pants and a nice dress shirt tucked in at the waist. Her blonde hair was left down in waves, framing her face.

Bucky would've still found stunning if she wore something completely different. He didn't care as long as they were together.

They pulled up to the theater in Buckys' old, partially beaten-up car. They were somewhere in the middle of the mass of cars whom have later showed up.

"Have I ever told you how handsome you are?" Cara blurted out as they waited for the movie to start. She cheeks immediately turned red.

Bucky turned to her, wondering if he heard the shy blonde correct or not. He smirked when he noticed the blush on her cheeks in the dim light. "Oh really?"

Cara nodded her head, trying to calm herself down. She hoped she didn't just embarrass herself.

"You know, doll, you're cute when you blush?"

Cara could feel the heat in her face. She heard her boyfriend chuckle from beside her.

Cara nervously scratched her scalp and turned her head, mentally slapping herself for saying something so childish to him. Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped themselves around Caras' waist and hoisted her over the seat. Bucky gently sat the girl in his lap, her legs draped across the seats.

"Jamie, what are you--"

He shushed her. "I just wanna hold you, darling."

Cara tensed up for a second before relaxing under Buckys' touch. She shifted her body slightly, trying to get comfortable on the man's' lap. Once she did, she rested her head on his shoulder.

Bucky smiled. He could live like this.

As they waited for the movie to roll, Cara found herself listening to the steady rhythm of Buckys' heartbeat. His chest rose and fell in a perfect beat. His arms around her waist, holding her tight. And if she were to look up, his sparkling, soft blue eyes would hold her own captive in a loving look that seemingly lasted decades. She never wanted to look away from them, and was sure that one time, she never would be able to. She looked anyways.

Buckys' gaze fell to his girlfriend as she shifted her head to look up at him. Her pale blue eyes searched every inch of his face. He scrunched his brow in wonder. Cara bit her lip, wondering herself if it would be okay to...

She took the risk. Hesitating at first, she lent forward and brushed her lips against Buckys'. She held herself there for a moment, savoring the moment, before pulling back and locking her gaze with Bucky.

"I love you." Her voice came as a whisper.

Bucky smiled. He brought his hand up to brush a stray hair off Caras' face. "I know, doll," he breathed back. "I love you, too."

It was like a scene from a cheesy movie that only cheesy movie couples saw, but neither teen would give up their cheesy movie moments for anything.