Savior- II

Longing, Rusted, Seventeen, Daybreak, Furnace, Nine, Benign, Homecoming, One, Freight car
Тоска, проржавевший, семнадцать, Рассвет, печи, девять, доброкачественная, встреча выпускников/корпоративы, один, грузовых автомобилей

My hands sting and I can already feel the bruises beginning to form.
I sit and catch my breath, in the deafening silence I hear a drop of my blood hit the scuffed wooden floor.

Looking back, not wrapping my hands was a bad idea.

I get onto my feet and hook another bag up. This time, being careful to wash and wrap my hands.
Letting out years of pent up anger felt good after a long day of dealing with idiotic people.

"You should probably take care of that first." Steve comments just as I knock another bag off its chain, the sand spilling across the floor.
"If it isn't the star-spangled man with a plan, why are you here? What do you want?"
"I don't want anything -" he says obviously finding humour in his joke. My patience is running thin and I shoot him a glare.
He clears his throat, regaining his composure. "Fury wanted to see you."
"Fury? Nick Fury, the one that relieved me of my title as field agent?-" Steve tries to cut me off
"-All because yours truly made one little mistake-"
"You almost got us killed." He cuts in
"But I didn't! I came in and saved your ass, again!"
"You wouldn't have had to save us if you stuck to the orders!"
"It was my brother! What would you have done! I fixed my mistake, but Fury didn't give me my second chance, why should I give him his?"
"Camryn I-" he sighs "I need your help."
I shoot him a questioning look. "My silence is your cue."
"Do you remember Bucky?"
"Bucky. Barnes?...The Winter Soldier? Yeah, why?"
"S.H.E.I.L.D wants to recruit him"
"Why? He tried to kill us. You were his mission-"
"I was his friend."
"Steve, Bucky was your friend, the Winter Soldier, he's your enemy. You can't save him. He's long gone. And he tried to kill us."
"He remembers." Steve argues "H-he's still the Bucky I used to know, deep down." He clears his throat again.
"Fury said that if you brought him back successfully-and alive- he'll give you your job back."
"Fine, but I'm doing this for me, and only me, not for you or your issues with your broken boyfriend." Steve barely contains his excitement as we walk to the jet waiting outside. After a short flight to Stark tower and many questioning glances, we're sat around a table discussing the terms of the mission.
"There are tracking devices in all the weapons in case you decide to go rogue."
"Stark, I take my job very seriously."
"Don't flatter yourself, it's just a precaution."
I glance over the weapons layed out in front on me and pick a few, stuffing them in my duffle bag. I pause when I see an unfamiliar weapon. "Hey, Stark, what's this?"
"Turn it away from you, press the green button, it vaporizes whatever its aimed at."
"Woah. That's awesome!"
"Thank you."
"Tony, if only you were as big as your ego, maybe you'd be able to reach the top shelf." Although he was a few inches taller than me I still liked to tease him about his height compared to the others.

I sat back down looking over the Winter Soldier's case file once again, taking in all the details, adding them to what I already know. In his military picture he looks young, determined, sweet, definitely handsome, probably a ladies man with his hair neatly cut and gelled.
In the other two he looked different. There's one of him in cryo. Even in his frozen state you can still make out the crease in his brow, he looks like he's... in pain. The one of him in action, a majority of his face is covered by a black mask, his hair long and messy. His metal arm stood out against his black uniform. The vibranium caught the sun and made the red star stand out even more. The way I recognized him best, as the Winter Soldier.