Off-Screen-VIII

"Here's your order, miss." The lady at the counter said, catching my attention. With a quick thanks, I grabbed the three cup trays and the bag filled with food and headed back to my car. I hated being on lunch duty, it was a five mile drive from the studio and it always took forever, with the insane traffic, the waiting in line during the lunch rush. Then waiting for them to make it all, then checking to make sure it's all correct. Lastly, I have to make it back with 11 drinks and a bag of food, with out spilling any of it. In stop and go traffic. Fun, right? If only.

The guard let's me in without a second glance. At least he didn't stop me, I'm already late. I park close to the door amd decide I'm going to have to make two trips, I grab the bag and two of the trays, leaving the third for later. I bump the door open with my hip, while trying to balance the trays. I drop the food on the snack table and run back out to my car. Once I get back in, everyone's crowded around the table grabbing their order.
"Oh, good, there's more, I thought you forgot my order."

British accents are the best.

"N-no, I just couldn't carry it all, sorry it took so long, lunch rush, and the traffic was crazy." I stuttered, feeling bad.
"I told you it'd be faster to walk." Followed by a hand being slung around my shoulder. I was one of the personal assistanton the Marvel set, I worked a few different jobs here. They hadn't started the actual filming yet, so I wasn't as busy, just prepping. That's why I was sent out for lunch.
"No it wouldn't, the sidewalks are just as crowded, and plus I wouldn't have been able to carry it all."
"Hm, that's true."
"Of course it's true, Mel, you really think I hadn't thought of that."
"C'mon we have to finish the last set, remember." She pulled me along, towards the back where we had to finish one of the house-like sets.

***

"Hey! Melissa! Dammit, now I have to go change." She had flung paint at me, to get my attention. The walls were almost finished anyway, she could do it by herself.
I stated walking back to my car, before I realized that I didn't have a change of clothes. Well, fuck. I really don't want to walk around with paint all over me all day, not that it's a big deal, I'm always covered in paint, but I hadn't put my smock on yet, and this was my favorite shirt.

"Woah, what happened?" My head snapped up at the question that was obviously addressed towards me.
"I- uh-" I found myself at a loss for words. I couldn't think straight, sometimes I wish I interacted with the actors more, maybe I'd be less shy.
"Shouldn't you have a smock on?" Something clicked and I was able to form a sentence.
"I just got back from the lunch run, I didn't have time to put it on. The girl I'm working with flung paint at me to get my attention." I felt my face heat up and I knew I was red. He was obviously amused.
"Sebastian St-"
"Stan." I finished for him, taking his outstretched hand.
"I know who you are. I work on your set, plus, you're famous. Its kind of hard not to." I state, feeling the blush come back.

I ramble when I'm nervous.

He smiled.
"Well, you know my name, it's only fair that I know yours."
"Oh- uh, my name's Willow. Willow Summers."
"I like that name." I feel the blush coming back, so I look down and mumble a quiet thanks.
"Are you going to change?" He questions.
I blush even redder, this time from embarrassment.
"I-well, I forgot a change of clothes, so I really can't." I stutter.
He laughs again, his blue eyes filled with amusement.
"You could borrow one of my shirts, although you should put a smock on this time." He smirks. My eyes widen.
"No no no, uhm no, thank you, it's fine. I can deal, you don't have to let me borrow your shirt. I probably won't see you again soon anyway. I'm always busy and I rarely see the actors, unless we're filming, because I work with the set and uhm..." I trail off, realizing I'm rambling again.
"Hm, that does seem to pose a problem. You can just keep it. It's fine."
"No, no really I'm okay, I don't need to steal your clothing."
"How about we make a deal. I let you borrow my shirt. And since you insist that you can't keep it and that you won't see me, you give it back to me when we go out to dinner. Saturday at 8, sound good?" I'm at a loss for words. I stand there gaping at him. He takes a pad and pen from the table I'm front of us, and I realize that we're at his trailer. He writes out his name, phone number and the details and hands it to me, along with a maroon colored shirt. He smiles and ushers me into the bathroom to change. I stare at myself in the mirror for a few seconds before stripping off my shirt and putting his on. It's big on me, but that's to be expected, I'm pretty small. I walk out with my shirt in hand and Sebastian takes it from me.
"Hey!"
" I'll wash this right now, and we'll exchange shirts on Saturday. See you then, Willow." He says with a smirk ushering me out the door. I head back over to the set to finish cleaning up. This time I put a smock on, just in case. Mel did a great job finishing the wall, but left a mess for me to clean up.