Happy Holidays!-V

Happy Holidays, my loves. Here's an off-schedule update for you!
Enjoy this Christmas/holiday special!

•••

A sudden knock startled me awake and I trudged to the door, still dressed in the sweatpants I had fallen asleep in. My messy hair was proving to be my worst adversary as I hastily attempted to fix it. I glanced in the mirror in the foyer before deeming this task obsolete and disregarding it.
Remembering the guest at the door, I pulled it opened to see my dressed up boyfriend with a goofy grin on his face.
"What are you doing here so early?" I questioned.
"Lyla, it's Christmas eve and you still don't have a tree." He concluded, ignoring my question.
"Why would I need a tree, they're messy and it's not like I need one, I'm spending Christmas with you, right?"
He confirmed my question with a nod. If I'm being completely honest, I forgot it was Christmas eve.
"Go get dressed, you were supposed to be ready." He chuckled, making my face flush red, I'd forgotten all about our plans.

Rushing to throw clothes on that were warm and clean was proving to be quite a tedious task. I grabbed gloves and a hat off the vanity and shut the door behind me. I slipped on my shoes at the door and we were off.
"Tonight is that party Mackie invited us to, if you still want to go?" He said, more as an inquiry than a statement.

"Of course I still want to go! I've gotta meet your friends sometime." His smile brightened as we walked through town hand in hand. Sebastian pulled me to the side, dragging me along.
"Where are we going?" I questioned.
"To get you a tree." He stated with as much finality as he could muster.

°°°

Was this okay? I wrote it quickly so I could have it ready for today!
Also:
Lyla? Michaels?? Arrow??? No, okay.
My beta reader gave me the name and it didn't click until I was halfway through.
I know I shouldn't bring DC into a Marvel story, but hate me all you want, its a good show.