7

*Leo can feel the warm sun on his face. He is floating in the clouds, they are very comfortable. He is wearing a white dress shirt and black pants. In the distance, he can hear a girl laughing joyfully. He finds himself counting.

"Eight, nine, ten. Ready or not hear I come!" He calls.

Slowly, he rises from his comfortable position and starts to search for someone. The giggling continues uncontrollably, he quietly creeps toward it. He can see something dark against the white clouds: it's her. He tackles where she was and she squeals.

He lifts her up and twirls her around. Anna looks back at him with her beautiful green eyes full of joy. She was wearing a pure white dress that reached her ankles. It looked like a wedding dress. She smiles at him and reaches up to touch his face, then her expression changes to pain.

On the front of her dress a red stain is spreading. Leo catches her when her knees go out, his tears falling on her neck. The life in her eyes is gone, as is she.

He yells in anger and clutches her still, unbreathing body to him, her blood staining his shirt. His uncle appears in front of him, smoking a cigarette and holding a gun.

"I hope you're not scared of the dark," he says before lifting the gun and pulling the trigger.*

Leo wakes up as the nightmare ends. He keeps his eyes closed as pain overtakes his body. Something cool is touching his face, easing the burning.

"Leo, are you awake?" Anna asks, he nods slightly.

"Open your eyes please, if they're still glassy I'm calling an ambulance."

At those words, he sits up faster than she can move back, causing their heads to collide. She falls backward and lands hard, but he doesn't care at the moment.

"You can't call an ambulance!" He cries, "Please don't. I don't want..." he bites his tongue before he finishes his sentence.

"You don't want to... what?" She inquires sharply, rubbing her forehead.

Leo wants to tell her so badly it hurt. About the abuse and everything else. But he can't, if he were to tell her he might put her in danger.

"Want to go to the hospital," he lies.

"God Leo, do you fear nurses or something?" She asks. In order to stop the questions, he nods.

"Leo, you know you had a fever all night right?" She changes the subject, he jerks. All night?

"What time is it?" He asks urgently.

"07:45, why?"

"I need my clothes, my uncle is going to kill me," he answers fearfully.

She calmly points to a small pile in the corner, "Leo, you're still sick."

"I'LL BE FINE ANNA, I HAVE TO GO NOW!" He screams at her, she flinches away from him. He swallows hard, "I'm sorry I burdened you and gave you false hope, but I am not your friend and it'd be best for you if you stayed away from me."

He picks up his clothes, puts on his shoes, and walks out the door.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anna bites her bottom lip when Leo's gone, trying to hold back her tears. How could she get so attached? She should've known he would just use her and throw her away when he didn't need her anymore. Everyone did, why should he be any different?

Her phone begins to ring, she sniffs back her tears and answers.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Anna, Mr. Lancaster's granddaughter?"

"Yes?"

"You're grandfather is awake and asking for you."

"I'm on my way."

"Thank you."

She gets changed, slips on her shoes, and walks out the door. Leo is nowhere in sight.

She sighs and starts to walk toward the bus stop, but something wet touches her face and covers her nose. She snorts at the sensation, then becomes lightheaded. She feels herself being picked up and carried. To where, she didn't know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leo nearly trips over the sidewalk. He was still very sick, he can feel it. A sleek black sports car pulls up next to him. Two people climb out, both are armed.

"Get in the car," one orders.

Leo knows who these people were. They worked for his uncle. He lowers his head and obeys quickly. Before he can climb in, the other man uses cable ties to bind his wrists together behind his back. Leo is shoved in without another word and the door is slammed. He feels fear build up in himself.

'God please, don't let them hurt her. Please, not her.'