19

*A Few Days Later*

Leo can hear Anna's cries, and the familiar feeling of guilt takes over his heart. Only, it doesn't seem to affect him as much as it used to. He knows his actions caused her pain, yet he wasn't hurting like he should.

The sense of betrayal grows in his stomach and he stumbles into his bathroom to vomit out the small bit of food he had forced into himself before his mission. When he's done, he seals his eyes shut and tries to drown her out. He can't. Her cries seem to last forever.

He had to do something to help her permanently. And there was only one option in his mind.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Anna," a gruff voice says, "Get up."

Anna opens her sore eyes slowly. Her whole body ached from the night before. Leo had done something wrong and she had paid for it. She should hate him for causing her pain: she wanted to hate him so badly. But she just couldn't.

"Didn't you hear me bitch? Get up!"

The person grabs her by her hair and yanks her roughly to her feet. She whimpers slightly when she sees the person's face. It was Leo's uncle. Whenever he came to see her, it never ended well.

"You're going to see Leo."

"But... isn't that supposed to be a reward for good behavior."

His uncle smiles sinisterly, "Yes it is."

He drags her out without another word. Leo is waiting outside, his phone in one hand, a gun in the other. Anna glances at his uncle, who is still wearing a cruel smirk. He lets her go and she runs over to Leo and hugs him tightly.

He strokes her hair hesitantly.

"Leo, I'm scared."

"Don't be."

Something cold settles against the side of her head. She pulls away in surprise, Leo was pressing the gun just above her ear.

"Hurry and do it Leo, we don't have all day," his uncle demands.

Anna begins to tremble.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leo's heart breaks at the fear on Anna's face. He glares at his grinning uncle.

Sirens can be heard. His uncle's face turns dark.

"What did you do Leo!"

Leo rips the gun away from Anna, pulls herb to his chest, and points the gun at his uncle. His uncle barks an order and men come out of nowhere.

"Drop the gun Leo."

Leo shakes his head, gathering up all the anger he had pent up.

"No."

Leo pulls the trigger and his uncle falls. The other men open fire but Leo takes Anna and pulls her away. Several police cars pull up and Leo throws her to the officers coming out. They seem to understand and push Anna into one of the cars to protect her.

He ignores them ordering him to drop his weapon and come over slowly and runs back to the men firing. He pulls the trigger on all of them before they can react.

He can hear somebody trying to sneak up behind him, he whirls and shoots without looking. He freezes when he sees who he shot.

Anna is staring at him, pain written on her face. She falls and he catches her before she hits the ground.

"Anna, I'm sorry," he cries.

She raises a hand and pulls him down for a kiss.

"I forgive you," she murmurs, before her eyes roll into her head.

"No, ANNA!" He screams, and shakes her.

She's gone. She's dead. His tears stop and the world is drowned out. He can see the police coming up to him as he puts the gun to his head. The world goes dark.