Epilogue

Leo is staring at the ceiling. He had lost track of the days. This must've been how Anna felt when she was locked in the white room.

"Leo, food," a female voice calls, Leo doesn't move.

There is a slight rattling as she sets it down. He hears her footsteps approaching and Anna's smiling face looks down on him.

He smiles up at her, "Anna, you came."

"Leo, I'm not Anna," Anna replies gently, "Anna is dead."

"But you're right here, in front of me," he murmurs, raising up his hand to touch some stray hairs away from her face, the chain around his wrist jingling. She pulls away.

"Leo, Anna's gone. She died due to a bullet wound that punctured her lung. The EMT's didn't make it to her in time."

"But..." his voice trails off as she shimmers and Anna disappears and is replaced by an unfamiliar girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Anna, don't leave me," he whimpers.

The strange girl smiles sadly on him and slowly leaves him alone in his room. Well, cell.

He stumbles over to the food she brought and stares at his reflection in the cup of water included on the tray. It looked yellowish. He was a killer in an metal hospital. He was almost always treated with scorn and given the worst.

He downs the yellowish liquid and his throat closes. He chokes and stumbles back.

"Help," he tries to croak. He can hear water rushing.

"Leo," Anna fades into existence in front of him.

She has a large bloodstain on her clothes, but she didn't seem bothered by it. Instead, she smiles at him gently and kneels by him, placing a cold hand on his cheek.

"Don't be afraid Leo, it's going to be okay," she whispers soothingly, and wraps his fallen form in her arms.

*Anna, are you really here?*

"Yes, in only a few moments, we can spend the rest of eternity together."

She presses her lips to his, she was real. She was really real.

He felt himself becoming weak. It hurt, but he no longer paid attention to it. He was with his one and only love. He closes his eyes and when he opens them, he can see himself lying on the ground in front of him. Anna was smiling at him.

"Come Leo," she murmurs, stroking his jawline, we have to go."

He follows behind her into a bright light, where she disappears. He freezes as the light spits him out.

"Anna!" He cries as he falls.

Leo opens his eyes to a white ceiling and a strange man hovering over him.

"We almost lost you Leo."

"NO!" Leo screams, "ANNA!"

Several others come over to restrain him.

"Anna," he whispers, "I want you back. I want you back. Come back to me."

He is injected with a drug that puts him to sleep. For the rest of his life, he would be kept under heavy sedation to keep him from hurting himself or anyone else.

☆☆☆☆☆
Authors note
Last part kekeke. Sorry not sorry for the sad ending. I love sad endings, they're my guilty pleasure. So yeah. Support my other stuff too please. Bye luvs.